Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

my fisrt kawi is bye bye!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 07:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: my fisrt kawi is bye bye!

Maybe the game is played differently in Canada than it is here - but in the US - aftermarket add-ons actually DE-value a ride - be it car or bike or whatever... those things are typically covered by home-owners insurance instead... most any run-of-the-mill auto insurer will only cover up to blue-book value of the vehicle. You would typically need to find a speciality insureer to cover tricked out vehicles for their aftermarket value. If they are offering you 12k... I would advise you take it. $.02

Old 04-08-2007, 08:04 AM

thanks lemac and im still here and will be for a long time and srobak i guess in canada they do cover it the problem is they are only offering me 8400 for my bike and blue book for in exceptional shape like mine is 10850 dollars so i just want what i deserve no more no less plus they owe me another 3000 for my suit and helmet to so i have plenty to get a new bike![sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif] plus i have a trip to the gap in june hopefully some of u from the site can meet me up there and tear it up

Old 04-08-2007, 08:52 AM
1st Gear Member

1+ on aftermarket parts. Insurance companies are greedy, and will always bite the hand that feeds them.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:07 AM
1st Gear Member

I didn't want to get you all riled up there chief. Good luck with the gsx, it's a nice bike. I like what srobak said. Even the best of the best can slip long enough to walk into a problem. As OD says, dress for the crash, not the ride.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:29 AM

nemo its all in fun and were all in the same game that is why i come here and talk to u guys and girls and i also learn alot that is why i had my race suit on that day because from day one its been stressed to always were ur gear which i do but now that i fell the gloves helmet and jacket and even the street boots even scare me now because i slid 30 feet and in jeans that would of messed up my hips and nees real bad and i get paid to walk for a living i think i needed to fall to respect the bike even more. i still will go fast like they say if u ride a 1000 its for one reason only to go fast but i chooose to do it in secluded areas LOL i love the people who ride and ive met some great people who rid from 50 years old to the crazier young guys in thier early 20s LOL no hard feelings u guys keep me on my toes and my son would thank everyone of u for that

Old 04-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Good luck BigV on the GSXR. They are a potent ride. The uglyness of them just kills me. lol

Old 04-08-2007, 08:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I need to get some leathers[8D] Its been to long with out em. I been riding for two years now with out, lucky enough to stay out of trouble, but i need to be prepared for the worst. Glad you had on full gear, I think about that shiot everytime I ride. I look down at the pavment and think damb that would hurt so bad to be rolling and sliding in jeans.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:41 PM

lemac no lie if i did not have them on i would have shattered my elbow and my knee and hip would have lost every layer of skin. they say i was doing 40kph but i gunned it in first so i was at 80 or so i just dont feel safe anymore without my leathers i have to much to loose and im sure u do too u can do it waterboy

Old 04-08-2007, 10:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Its ok if you want a GSXR, just paint it green and all is forgiven

Old 04-09-2007, 12:13 AM

i want princess back[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]so much money down the tube[sm=badidea.gif][sm=badidea.gif][sm=badidea.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]

Quick Reply: my fisrt kawi is bye bye!