Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My Ferret died yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My Ferret died yesterday

hahaha, things dissappearing would drive me nuts!
He turned 3 Merdox.thanks
Short life spanned animals is what kept me away from certain animals. That and my remote dissappearing! hahaha

Old 04-15-2007, 06:26 AM
1st Gear Member

I had a huge Oscar fish named "big motherf*cker". If you held a goldfish over the tank, big motherf*cker would literally hop out of the water and grab the goldfish from my hand. It was awesome!

Old 04-15-2007, 07:01 AM

Hey sorry to hear about the ferret, my mother in law might be tring to get rid of some young ferrets here soon, they are all albino,i will keep informed if interested.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahahaha, I will stay away from that temptation. My remote, phones and cds already dissappear. (kids)

dang, any pics you going to post of them?

Old 04-15-2007, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member

dude sorry to here about your ferret. My dog got out last week and I could not find him anywhere. We live a block off a main drag so I thought he might of gottin hit. But it ended up that someone had taken him to the SPCA. Thanks god for nice people. anybody else would of let a pitbull just go by.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sorry for the loss, I know how close we all can get to our pets. I had a cat for 12 years, he was my buddy, would sleep every night with me, then he started getting tumors on his head. Well it was a matter of time, one day I came home and the wife had called someone to take him, I guess she figured I could never make that trip, and she's right. I cried for a long time. My mom had given him to me as a kitten, his name was FM, he had blue eyes like Sinatra, and she found him on a Monday, so she named him Franky Monday, and I shortened it to FM. My heart goes out to anyone who looses a family friend. One of the gals at work who lives on site has a male and female ferret and she brings them to the GIS lab sometimes. They are really cool. When I was 15 or 16 my mom had a ferret that ran away, she was devastated. Here is our current pet, she is the best dog ever. Small, clean, the best personality of any animal I have ever known. She's half Chiwawa and half Beagle, I'm not really a fan of the Chiwawa but she is an awesome dog. My son and really all three of us are really attached to her, I dread the day when something happens. We are all going to cry our eyes out. She's only 3 years old, but you never know.

I know this wasn't a share pictures of your pets, but I just couldn't help it. Here's one from when we first got her. At the beach. She sort of looks like a miniature whippet.

This one if her sleeping in the travel trailer.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

RIP mr wiggy!

Old 04-15-2007, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks everyone, wiggy was a fun pet to have! And its true those ferrets will steal anything they take a liking to. The good thing is they usually hide it in the same spot which in our case was underneath the couch. So when anything was missing we would just flip the couch over and usually find what we were looking for and usually find a few things we didn't know were missing to begain with.

Some of my favorite memories were when my wife would finish with the lotion bottles she would just give them to wiggy and then he would drag those things all over the house. Sometimes he would get one in his mouth (they were usually as big as him) and he would be just running full speed through the living room and one end would snag the carpet and he would flip over and go rolling for a few moments. He would be so mad he would stand up and just start jumping around and takeoff after the first thing he saw which was usually a cat. Once he got to the cat he would jump on the cats neck and start biting there ears, sometimes the cats would run off with wiggy still riding on there backs chewing on their ears.

Another of wiggy's tricks was he would come up to our gray cat and be real sweet and start licking on there ears and lay down next to the cat being real sweet. Wiggy would lay across the cat and not move (it was real qute to watch) and then after a while of this (and I knew this was coming)Wiggy would make his way to the cats back end and bite the cat hard right on the butthole. The cat would jump up about a foot off the ground and go tearing off with wiggy close behind.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Awww I love ferrets....Sorry for your loss Merdox

Old 04-16-2007, 03:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your loss bro..

Quick Reply: My Ferret died yesterday