Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My dog is gone....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 06:28 PM
1st Gear Member

when i had my appendectomy they gave vitman b (maybe?... possibly e, ill look into it) cream to help it go away... but it was caused by a dirtbike accident, so i threw it away.. now i have a super kickass scar, but if you want your kids to go away good put some of that cream stuff on the marks for like an hour a night and it will be much better off than just leaving it there to heal itself.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Hope your girl heals up quickly. No choice there on what had to be done. I'm a huge fan of dogs but it is what it is.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member

I found the lion... he is hungry for puppy chow...

Old 09-22-2008, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

haha, i wish that happnd' to me... id kill it and mount its head on my hood

Old 09-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

good choice rick! sorry to hear it tho

Old 09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry for your kid rick. I would have done the same thing. My dog is also a rescue and I can only hope that it never happens with him. I've done my best since day 1 to desensatize him to tail/ear pulling. I put my hands in his food when he's eating, I take his toys away from him while he is playing with them, I'm trying to break him of any sort of begging/following for human food.

but even with all those things done there is no 100% guarantee.

I also hope that it doesn't make your girl hate animals.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Man im so sorry to hear about your gurl,,, best of wishes and hope she heals soon... as for the dog,, ahh I love dogs and all animals but,, when it comes with kids then its the ultimate punishment.... I know its sad but if it happens once it will happen agian.. So sadly enough the dogs must go...

Old 09-22-2008, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

The last time that happened to me, I grabbed a porkchop, and my 44 mag and me and the dog went for a walk in the woods. He did not return from that walk!
It is my opinion that as good as most people take care for, and love their dogs, that when a dog bites a child, he just needs to be exterminated.
Sorry to hear about your daughter Rick, hope she heals quickly!

Last edited by Worlok14; 09-22-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

also - don't know if you went through a specific rescue group - but a lot of them require you to return the dog. It may end up living the rest of its life in a kennel.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default +1

Originally Posted by Kohburn
sorry for your kid rick. I would have done the same thing. My dog is also a rescue and I can only hope that it never happens with him. I've done my best since day 1 to desensatize him to tail/ear pulling. I put my hands in his food when he's eating, I take his toys away from him while he is playing with them, I'm trying to break him of any sort of begging/following for human food.

but even with all those things done there is no 100% guarantee.

I also hope that it doesn't make your girl hate animals.
we are in the same boat and have done the same hands in food taking toys etc.....
I love the dog but if does bite like tha- I will kill him and take him in to be checked for rabbies.... there will be no 10 day waiting period here.

Quick Reply: My dog is gone....