Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My dog is gone....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by srobak
I woulda fed him to a mountain lion... see how he likes getting bit in the head.
lol, something i'd do

Old 09-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Merdox
Sorry about that ZZ, but I don't blame you a bit. Safety of the children come first!
yes, I would have done the same.
My kids are more important and the dogs throat would have been done/did during this episode. That is some serious bs right there.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kx slaughter king
that sucks, i had a rottie when i was like 5 and ith tried to kill my brother (3months) cus he was crying. knocked the cradle over and almost bit his head... he was gone the next day. i know how you feel.

what did you do with the dog?

ours went to another home...
He is living at the shelter right now, they have to observe him for 10 days to make sure he doesn't have rabies or anything...and then he is getting put to sleep. I will no send him to another home because it would be my fault if he flipped out on someone else.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
yes, I would have done the same.
My kids are more important and the dogs throat would have been done/did during this episode. That is some serious bs right there.
Obviously I agree with you, there was no question (in my mind) about what had to be done, but a few ppl I know thought that I should have been more compassionate to the dog...WTF? I was at work when it happened, or he would not be alive awaiting tests before he is put down, it would have been on the spot. This was his econd chance, he was abused as a puppy and we rescued him. He was a good dog until this, and this is unforgiveable. In the end every dog has the potential to bite, but the blame really falls on the ppl who abused him when he was young, unfortunately I cannot have them put to sleep as well....

Old 09-20-2008, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I cant say i blame you rick, IMO i think im gonna have to get rid of my dog if i have a kid hes too crazy. My 4 year old niece comes over and im very weary of her going over to him. luckly he hasnt bitten her YET. hes a lab/shepard mix. hes a loving dog to me and my wife but hes not very comfy around my niece.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

but a few ppl I know thought that I should have been more compassionate to the dog...WTF?
dang wth! how about other 5yr olds out there? Where is the compassion for that issue? That is prolly why some people think that I need anger management.

FN, you know your animal better than anyone else. Be cautious if you think that is necessary when your dog is around kids and the enthusiasm, tail pulling, etc that kids tend to do.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zzrick
the blame really falls on the ppl who abused him when he was young, unfortunately I cannot have them put to sleep as well....
Who says?

I know some guys who know some guys... who would probably take care of this problem entirely gratis.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:15 AM
1st Gear Member

very sorry to hear and wish a speedy recovery. I love dogs too but im concerned my father inlaw just got a 3yr old wolfhound who seems good with the kids but growls at adult males, this thing is a horse standstaller than my waist at the back and weighs almost 200lbs looks like somethin that should guard draculas castle, seems good with kids and women but...i am nervous letting my 10mo old son and 4yr old daughter go over there now his head is bigger than my boy. verry sorry to hear about your daughter and i wish her well

Old 09-21-2008, 06:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by srobak
Who says?

I know some guys who know some guys... who would probably take care of this problem entirely gratis.

uh, im right here....

Old 09-21-2008, 06:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I agree with what you done. When i was little we had a beagle and i was in the wrong by trying to take a ball out of his mouth. He bit me in the arm and in the side of the head. The next day we had him put down. I was like 3 I believe when it happened. I still have the scars but i hope you daughters heals well enough that she doesn't

Quick Reply: My dog is gone....