Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My buddy's first bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My buddy's first bike

I don't remember seeing that one.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:53 PM
1st Gear Member

i wanted a busa for one of my firsts too so i understand kinda. i just stepped back and looked at what would really happen tho 1) too much bike too soon 2) Image sure but at what cost? 3) when u wreck your first bike it isn't so cool anymore is it?

i've always believed in riding for the pure reason of RIDING, not this who's got the fastest/newest/whatever bike around. see if you can find a bike like mine? i paid 1000 bucks for a 750R in dang good shape and it's more than enough bike for me to learn on, in fact it's already givin me quite the scare here and there and a nice scar i won't soon forget!

you know your friend better than any of us so do your best to rationally explain to him what can or most likely WILL happen on his first bike. if he don't wanna listen then well, some people are like that and have to learn the hard way. you don't wanna see your buddy get hurt but sometimes that's the only thing that will work. i have countless friends that are exactly like that, they had their first wreck and drive very conservatively anymore lol. hopefully he won't get hit or fall and be killed but if and when he does wipe out....i'd just hope he gets nothing more than the amount of bruises and road rash to teach him a lesson!

nothing burns like road rash!!! lol as many of you know!!

Old 11-10-2007, 01:54 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry for the long preaching [X(]

BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR FRIEND

Old 11-10-2007, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I still watch the motorcycle wrecks videos just to put me down to my level, i tend to ride fast and i dont want to end up all dead, seeing what little it takes for some one to loose control on a bike, and especially a high powered bike, is enough to give me a reallity check

Old 11-10-2007, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member

here is a good read: http://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=13;t=29015

Old 11-10-2007, 02:37 PM
1st Gear Member

good advice and great thought process on some of these bigger bikes.

just think the busa is gettin bigger this year!!

Old 11-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

+1^Finger. Gotta love those old Huskys!!!
As far as "Mr. Self Destruct" goes, some guys you just can't reason with. Hopefully he'll only hurt himself. Tell him to buy the best riding gear he can afford, because we all know he's going to need it.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Agreed. I actually think I'm going to make a powerpoint presentation for him with various bike accidents and explanations of how easily those things could happen to him. He rarely thinks about what he does before he does them. In the time I've known him he's done some very crazy **** that didn't even involve motor vehicles where he could've easily been killed. I watched the guy jump from the 3rd floor balcony of his old apartment into a tree 10 feet away, roll off of an apartment complex roof in a shopping cart, etc... Lots of messed up things. I'm pretty sure he really thinks he's invincible. I'm gonna do my best to bring him down to reality, but I don't know that it's possible.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Sometimes "Clotho" hands out cotton thread.....
(Check out your Greek mythology regarding the 3 fates.)

Old 11-10-2007, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

what you could also do is show him this thread. When you said he thinks image is everything the first thing that poppped into my head is he wont wear any gear. Please tell me you live in a state that requires helmets. And show him the reality of bike accidents.

Quick Reply: My buddy's first bike