Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My Brother is at it again!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default My Brother is at it again!

For those of you that remember the last thread about him, he keeps screwing us over to the point i want to beat his ***. Well he has done it again, costing US way more money because the stupid bastard doesnt have a job and somehow his fines have to get paid. Well dumbass got caught drunk driving last night, stupid fu(k is in jail right now, my grandma (who i live with) is on her way down there right now to pick his *** up, thats gonna be one hell of a ride home, he just turned 21. If the fines are realy high, im going to have to draw out of MY bank account to pay for his stupid ***, im sick of his ****, hes always screwing us over and doesnt even care, he says hes sorry and tries to make up, but then this **** happens again. It's never ending with him, last week my grandma found out more lies hes been telling that costed us nearly 2 grand (his truck was impounded/ blew the motor and he told her it was at his gfs but it was really in the impound lot) and we are still paying for that "mistake", Stupid bastard, i think hes gonna be doing some time in jail for this one....

sorry about my rant, had to do it.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds to me like you need to let him sit in jail for awhile and let him think about it . He's 21 you would think it's time for him to be accountable for his actions not your grandma.

Last edited by ol guy; 11-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol guy
Sounds to me like you need to let him sit in jail for awhile and let him think about it . He's 21 you would think it's time for him to be accountable for his actions not your grandma.

Second that, if you (and Grandma) stop bailing him out of all the crap he gets into maybe he will start taking responsability for himself.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:17 PM
1st Gear Member

My grandma doesnt have the heart to just let him sit there, she has never done that with any of her children, she has always been there for us, but it seems im the only responsable one who acually doesnt drink, smoke, or do any of that **** that gets you into trouble. I learn from my mistakes, because i have to pay for it all. i owe my grandma no money.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Well seeing as you are also a grown adult I say that if the fines are so high that they need your money that you refuse to help. Lay out your case to them in that it's your hard earned money and you're tired of spending it on his mistakes. Make sure you let them know that you are not going to be held responsible for your grown brother's mistakes any more. If your grandma doesn't have the heart to administer tough love and make him learn the hard way then (I'm sorry to say this to such a nice loving lady but...) let her do it fall with him if that's her choice. It's time to start looking out for yourself and let them fail without you. You can only protect the family from it's own mistakes for so long before it's no longer worth saving the family.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:05 PM
1st Gear Member

You can still be there for your family and not have to pay $$$ for his Fu@k ups. he can do work days to pay off the fines.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Sounds like he needs an intervention, I believe in second chances, but it sounds like he used them up years ago. The best thing he could do is to move to somewhere where he doesn't know anyone and start over and straighten out his life.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Cost ME $300 to bail him out, he has court next week, we will see how it goes from there.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:33 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Wish you all the best.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't understand why you pay HIS fines? He needs to get a job to work and pay for his own stuff. You shouldn't be treating a grown *** man like a child. What kind of self responsibility and accountability are you teaching him if you continue to hold his hand and slap him on the wrist for things he keeps doing? I understand you bailing him out is part of you loving your brother but dang dude, you gotta draw the line somewhere. Plus, being arrested for DUI only holds you in jail for 12 hours to sober up. It wouldn't hurt for him to have to sleep in jail overnight.

Quick Reply: My Brother is at it again!