Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

murphy and my day.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default murphy and my day.

well i just wrapped up a hell of a day with murphy. let me vent............................

1. house to my self sat around a bit and thought hmmmmmm good day to get the mustang running again. a few months ago i had to put a new fuel tank cause the old one was rusted inside and kept clogging the filters (1973 mach1). back then i though i might as well spring for a new carb and intake. then gas started to climb towards the $5 mark and i said to hell with it, time to buy a bike. so she sat and sat until today. i went out hooked up all the old fuel lines to the old carb etc etc....
great time for gas! crap all i got is a 1.5 gal can. so i run to the gas station twice figure that 3 gal would be enough to get it started. wrong! so on my 3rd trip i buy another can all they had was 2 gal cans. so i fill both up come home and bingo car is running...
sister ask if i can do an oil change on her car. sure no prob perfect trip i can take the stang and fill er up. put $30 and as i put the nozle away i noticed fuel at my feet. crap! i look under the car and it leaking like crzy around the sending unit. think for a minute about getting the dry sweep and telling the attendant. then i thought crap that near $5 a gal pouring on the ground. i need to catch that stuff. so i hop in haul ***** leaving skid marks at every turn. get home thrash through the garage and find a few buckets. buy now i noticed it was bad enough that it went down my drive way and started going down the street. i grab a bag of dry sweep and throw it down to make a dam.
pulled the sending unit reset the oring and put it back on. i was able to save about 5 gal of fuel so back in the tank it went and wheeewwwwww. no leak. by now i was pretty soaked with d\gas my self but said to hell with it, to the parts store i the mustang. lol

2. get to the store grab the stuff get back in the car and thought wait a minute...... that was pretty expensive. look at the receipt look in the bag and noticed the oil was $3.50 a quart. wtf???? read the label and say to my self what the hell is "primeum conventional oil"?
what ever its getting late.

3. come home look the car over and says damn thats nice this is gonna take 15 min. everything was easy to reach. drain the oil no problem. look at the filter and say ohhhhhhh crap! jiffy lube those bastards way over tighten filters. try my hands no luck. try a strap wrench no luck not enough room. great time for the old stand by. out comes the old pants belt. wrap it around and tug, tug, tub and nothing tug and snap! son of a b...... ok jiffy lube we meet again time for the final straw. try to punc a screw driver through but no luck (not a lot of room plus a pretty thick can) ok fine tire plug reamer great get it in the can and twist and twist and twist again son of a b........ bent the tool in half. ok thats it. remove the engine tray and bust out a drill with a 3/8" bit. drill in and push on the drill to twist it off and snap. ooohhhhhhhhhh helllllllllll nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww no they didnt put on a filter tight enough to snap a 3/8" drill bit. (harbor freight special but still) ok dig through the tool box and ahhhh haaaaaa a nice fat concrete drill bit. drill that suck in and twist and twist and finnally she gives.........

now i got gas all over me oil all over the drive way and damn if my back doesnt hurt from bending tools all damn day lol

thanks im done >>>>>>>>>
beer time!

Old 07-30-2008, 05:15 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahahaha, hell of a day!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:41 PM
1st Gear Member

wow well at least I can vouch for one thang man,,, After everything is said and done your old buddy Bud Light is there at the end of the tunnel lol

I really enjoyed reading that

Old 07-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

that sucks man..... i worked at pennzoil oil change place... jiffy lube, grease monkey, and the VW dealer were retarded when it came to oil changes...... wayyyy to tight, if you take a hammer and chisel and hammer the filter right where it meets the motor but on the edge to try to get it to spin, usually works.. if you can get a hammer and chisel in there... do they not realize that when the gasket touches the motor its only another 3/4 turn...... bastards....

Old 07-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

LOL atleast ur done mang! enjoy that beer Mr goodwrench.hahahaha

Old 07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
1st Gear Member

I feel your pain, I have had to do the same thing with the oil filter before and its no fun at all

Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 PM
1st Gear Member

dont know what pissed me off more the gas trail i left down the street or the filter?????

Old 07-30-2008, 06:01 PM
1st Gear Member

well at least the beer didnt give you any problems

Old 07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

true think i'll stick to the beer for now then lol

seriously though why in the hell do the jiffy lube places do that?

i think i'll take my car to one, come home and tighten it more...... till it strips and falls off then drive till my engine locks up and then get a new motor out of them. cause there is now way the are even close to torque specs. if anything over tight and stripped is very possible.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member

lmfao.. dude, thats every day of my ****ty, miserable existence.

wait til you have to do the screwdriver trick on a bike!! oh.. ya.. uber fun.

i could write a war and peace-sized book on the dumb **** that happens to me on any given day at the house or shop. i dunno whether to laugh or slam my head against some train tracks sometimes.

Quick Reply: murphy and my day.