Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

MSF course

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Default MSF course

Well I am finally taking the msf course in May...cant wait..of course, i have to take the beginner class, which is fine, because my bike would not pass their inspection...so i cant wait to hop onto one of the SICK Honda 250's!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: MSF course

Have fun with the class. It is pretty easy and can be dangerous. Watch for those people who stray off course!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 05:03 PM

lol..yeah I talked with the instructor at a bike show a month back and said that some stuff would be good for me...but for the most part, i will probably be bored during the riding sessions, but it will get me my license and discount on insurance, and I am sure that I will learn something...

Old 04-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats weird, i just signed up for a course in may too...

Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

My wife passed the class back in October, along with a couple of our friends. A friend of mine's mom took the class on a TW200 and she dropped the bike in the class because her boots were the logger type with the vibram soles, and she got them stuck in between the foot peg and the shifter and just fell over. She asked the instructors if she could change her boots real quick, they said no, and she did it again and fell again this time hyper extending her two center fingers on her left hand, she is just now getting a surgeon to look at trying to see what can be done about the immobility of those fingers. I smell a lawsuit. Yea you have to sign a waiver before you take the class, but I think there is some sort of liability because they wouldn't let her change her boots. All 4 of my friends and my wife said it was the most physically demanding thing they have ever done taking the class. The young guys that were teaching the class I guess were a couple of jerks, at one point they told my wife she was a little slow.....and they weren't talking about how fast she was riding, when I heard that I came unglued. The guy that usually runs the class was retiring and his son was taking it over and I guess he thought he was a god or something, stinking punks. Anyway have fun in the class, and be careful.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:34 PM

oh man that would **** me off...my girlfriend is taking the class the following weekend...she wanted me to teach her, but she doesnt want to learn from me...waaaaay too many bad habits....hopefully i will get some good tips and realize some of the things i am doing wrong.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh I was wondering did you get the subsidised price? Do they offer it there? All of my friends paid $100.00 each instead if the normal $225.00 Most or at least some states give money to these schools that they are supposed to funnel down to the end user. Check it out.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:53 PM

hmmm i'll check into it...but i did pay 225

Old 04-17-2007, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Congrats man. That is a good class. Too bad you guys dont live in PA, it's free here.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member

good deal man youll feel so much more comfortable riding post-class.

Quick Reply: MSF course