Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Motorcycles and cancer, go figure?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Motorcycles and cancer, go figure?

Well, I guess we will all need lead underware now. Ever heard of getting cancer from motorcycles, me neither. And the seat is ugly as hell!

A man named Randall Dale Chipkar is selling an EMF shield designed to be fitted inside a motorcycle seat.

"EMF" stands for electromagnetic field. He claims that EMFs can cause cancer, and that motorcycles are emitting enough of these EMFs to put riders in danger. His EMF shield can be fitted inside a motorcycle seat to provide riders with "peace of mind".

In fact, Chipkar authored a book entitled, "MOTORCYCLE CANCER? Are motorcycles KILLING US with cancers of the prostate, colon, kidney, bone, etc?", where he documents cases of riders whom he met diagnosed with cancer, and which he claims were victims of their own motorcycles.

"All of these riders had extremely low frequency (ELF) electromagnetic field (EMF) radiation shooting up from their motorcycle seats into their lower torso", Chipkar says. "Some readings were 100 times higher than what can be considered as acceptable exposure."

Chipkar goes on to say that governments and industry leaders are in denial over motorcycle-based EMFs so as to not create panic.

To learn more about Chipkar's EMF motorcycle seat shield, visit his website...
http://www.motorcyclecancer.com/

Old 05-05-2008, 05:31 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Motorcycles and cancer, go figure?

Just think if all these people that come up with these stupid ideas actually worked a project that could benefit mankind instead of the retarted crap like this, the world mould be a better place.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:46 PM
1st Gear Member

You wouldn't believe the snake oil things that people come up with in the audio world... as ridiculous as scotch taping semi-precious stones to your interconnects to improve sound quality...

Old 05-05-2008, 06:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I would believe you on the things that people come up with to "improve" as they would to put on things they know nothing about. I am a manager in a parts store and I have heard it all in the last 6 years that I have worked there, and I still shake my head on a daily basis when someone tries to tell me something stupid. It takes all to make the world go around, but some people are just lost forever.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Knowing a bit about the automotive industy, I have been in Electronic testing for the better part of 7 years now, there are specs that maunufactures have to follow when it comes to these Electromagnetic Feilds in both radiated and suseptibility aspects (how much it puts off and how much it can take before something goes wrong). I work for a quite large automotivesupplier for the OEMs. Sepcificly in the areas ofaudio, saftey, enginge control, and latest the power electronics (Hybrid and Electric powered autos). We have some of the best equiptment on the market to test the devices we build and we test the crap out of these things to make sure that they meet the specs that the OEM's require. We acctully build the Engine Control Module for Harley Davidson and it is tested in the lab I work in. I know that these things can pass the testing. I can not see how the motorcycle industry as a whole does not have to follow these guidelines or something very similar. I know the Asian automotive specs far exceed what our North American specs ate tested to so I wouldnt be suprised to see the Motorcycle industy the same boat or at least close. Pretty much the only industry that is open todo what they wantwhen it comes to EMC/EMI would be the military.

Just my opinion is that these EMC/EMI feilds in particular causing cancer: A bunch of BS!

Old 05-05-2008, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

what doesn't cause cancer anymore? fvck it! i'm gonna enjoy my life and what comes comes, screw being scared of everything stupid like this.

good marketing plan tho i guess, shifty but effective.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:06 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawi750r

what doesn't cause cancer anymore? fvck it! i'm gonna enjoy my life and what comes comes, screw being scared of everything stupid like this.

+1

yeah, seems like everything any fun/useful causes cancer.

cellphones=brain cancer
smoking=lung cancer
engines=planet cancer
bikes=ball cancer
tv=eye cancer
cancer=cancer

fukkit. i wont live long enough for cancer to devlop anyway[8D] and if i do, im just gonna warp something around something else at a redicilous speed[8D]

Old 05-06-2008, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Well - I did 18k on a bike in 9 months last summer... so if it gives you ball cancer - I'm toast. Ah well.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't forget about grilling out. They say that causes cancer now too[&o]

ORIGINAL: kx slaughter king

+1

cellphones=brain cancer
smoking=lung cancer
engines=planet cancer
bikes=ball cancer
tv=eye cancer
cancer=cancer

fukkit. i wont live long enough for cancer to devlop anyway[8D] and if i do, im just gonna warp something around something else at a redicilous speed[8D]

Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzrick

Don't forget about grilling out. They say that causes cancer now too[&o]

ORIGINAL: kx slaughter king

+1

cellphones=brain cancer
smoking=lung cancer
engines=planet cancer
bikes=ball cancer
tv=eye cancer
cancer=cancer

WHAT ! [>:]

Quick Reply: Motorcycles and cancer, go figure?