Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Marine Funeral

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Well srobak that's a good story. It's always hard to see one of my fellow service men die for this country. And it's got to be hard on all of there families of all of the troops we have lost over seas. No matter what war we are fighting.

I appreciate everyone on here that supports us doing our jobs. And i appreciate all of you on the kf site that make things for the military to use over there. Because if you look at it we all are fighting in this war.

for all that don't know me that well. I have been serving this country and all of the amercians in the us for over 12 years now. And i'm willing to serve even more in till i'm made to retire.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KDXmike
I hope permission was given to release that photo if it's actual.

Mike
It's actual, and they did have permission. This first came out in military magazines with the story about it and has spread from there. This was something they wanted people to know about to show both the love and support of family's and the honor and respect of the Marines. Both are rightfully due and given in the case of that photo.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bluebeast
for all that don't know me that well. I have been serving this country and all of the amercians in the us for over 12 years now. And i'm willing to serve even more in till i'm made to retire.
I'm with you brother. I've been in the Army for 6 1/2 years. I'll be Army until the day they tell me I can no longer serve and I have to retire. And KF kept me sane throughout the 15 months I was in Iraq.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:28 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Hellva thing to know that family and friends are there watching your back.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member

That almost brought me to tears. I'm so grateful that my guy is home safe. Thank you for sharing something that shows the love in the military family.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Probably ranks up there in one of the hardest shifts that marine was ever called on to do.
had to stand a post like that a couple of times. was worth it....
we did 30 min shifts with a formal change over every time. i can still hear a little kids voice form the next morning. i was in back of the church getting read to go up and take my next shift. nobody was in the church yet cause it was pretty early. all the sudden a little kid 8-9 years old walks in and i could here him gasp he said " oh my god they stayed here with him all night". then i could here him run out and repeat it to everybody.