Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

man down!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 05:49 AM
Default man down!

well by the title u know what happened i fell off my bike today. a little about it me and my friend were going for a ride and he switched onto my side to turn and i did not know he was going to turn i was 20 feet behind him so i had some time to stop but i grabed on the front brakes to stop i must of hit something like dirt or gravel or it was to cold or the street was slippery but i low sided and slid 25 feet and hit him too barely and he dropped his bike. i did not see his turn signal or he did not put his hand upp to turn so i had to stop hard but i did not grab my front brakes so hard that i would slide or the front end would give out on me. im banged up on my elbow and hip and ankle but for the first time i had my full suit on <MY GEAR SAVED MY SKIN AND MY BONES thank god for that suit i split the elbo in my suit on the seem but man than kangaroo skin is light and great.my one side of the bike is screwed my new acro evo 2 all scraped the bike slid far enough that it went through the cap on the bottom were the oil goes and the plastic front and back scraped and cracked in half and my frame slider is ground pretty good and bent to the frame. im bumbed out and heart broken i just got my bike back from the dino and had the new michelin power pilot dual compounds put on yesterday.please dont ask for picks like i said i dont know how to put them on and i woould not want to put them on anyway i dont even want to look at my bike like that i love it like my kid i just want it fixed![sm=smiley28.gif][sm=smiley28.gif][sm=smiley28.gif][sm=smiley28.gif][sm=smiley28.gif][sm=smiley28.gif][sm=smiley28.gif]

Old 03-26-2007, 07:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: man down!

Wow! I'm sorry to hear you put her down. But on the bright side, you are OK! I too always gear up when I'm riding no matter what. While riding today, I saw so many people on cruisers wearing nothing more than a T-shirt & jeans. (some wearing shorts) Most sportbike riders around here are bright enough to gear up on their endeavors. (although not all of them.[>:])

Well, now for the hard part of rebuilding your ride.[:@] Good luck, tell us how it all goes.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:37 AM
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear about your ride. glad to hear your gear saved your a$$ though. just think of the possitive part of this you can do some more mods.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:40 AM
1st Gear Member

maybe some C/F body work???

I just passed a guy here in town with a full Carbon fiber fearings on an 05/06 zx6r and it looked bad as hell.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Yup... Sometimes it takes a wreck before you decide to go ALL OUT the next time around.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about that. Good thing your around to tell us.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

damn good thinkg your alive and ok. yay for gear.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your drop. The only other reason you could of started to skid was your tires since they were brand new they probably still had the coating on them which can make them slick. Well good luck with the fix er up and rebuild.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear that big v, glad your ok.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:40 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Glad your ok. Don't worry to much about the bike it can be rebuilt the major thing is that you didn't get hurt badly.

Quick Reply: man down!