Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

LG sucks...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 06:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default LG sucks...

Just got in the first 5 LG flat panels that we started carrying. I hooked 2 up on our show-room floor, a 42" and a 46" LCDs. The 60" plasma will get unboxed and go up tomorrow. Working on mounting the 37", which is becoming a pain, since the mount won't fit on right, the wires are in the way, and I had to use the extensions because the screw points are almost in the 4 corners, which is crazy. The tops of the extension brackets will show, unless we move it up a spot or two on the wall. The HP we pulled down didn't even need the extra bracket, let alone the extension brackets. Picture quality is crap compared to any of our other TVs, even the JVCs. The edges aren't fine, they're hazy. I'd never buy LG TVs, or recommend them to anyone.

Main reason we carry them is because another local store sells them, and I guess we're carrying them to get their business, since that's the only unique thing they have that we don't, er, didn't. Only product we carry in a pink box, LG, Looks Gay.

Sony, Samsung, and Toshiba are our best sellers.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: LG sucks...

Ship me a 60" today and I'll gladly pay you on Thursday.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:49 AM
1st Gear Member

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?

I'd take one for free, the 60" plasma sells for $5k. I'd rather have the 70" Sony SXRD. Rear projection, but it looks awesome!

I'm sure you'd want me to throw this system in too:

Old setup, before we went all McIntosh:

Yet I have to buy my $1700 Ninja in payments. Something wrong there?

Old 08-25-2007, 07:08 AM
1st Gear Member

That's the way it always goes, but someday. We were just talking about an upgrade to our TV and sound system. But then again I got 2 vehicle payments and two bike payments. Plus buying a house, and you don't want to see how many Visa cards I have in my wallet. YIKES!!!!! Make it stop.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Two school payments and a credit card here.

At least I paid cash for the Astro and Ninja. I owe less than $10k, at least. I'm thinking, hoping, closer to $7k.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I love LG's products, but I don't have an LG TV. Sounds like they may have dropped the ball on that one, or you just have a bad batch, or you are just picky

Old 08-26-2007, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm quite happy with my 56" Samsung DLP

Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member

When you have 4 LG TVs on the floor, and even the JVCs look better, that's pretty bad. The Toshiba, Samsung, Sony, and even Mitsubishi TVs have better quality.

Of course, just checking, the LG 42LB4D currently sells for about the same price as our Sony KD-40V2500. So you're getting 1080P with either TV and paying the same price.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:19 AM
1st Gear Member

My LG cellphone is awesome, as for TV's I'm sticking to my Sanyo 27' CRT Wal-Mart specialat least untilI get a bigger place.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Prom

My LG cellphone is awesome, as for TV's I'm sticking to my Sanyo 27' CRT Wal-Mart specialat least untilI get a bigger place.
YES!!!! I have the 31" Sanyofrom Walmart, right on man! Even though Walmart represents the down fall of western society I still shop there....[8D] But hey as long as the cost of living keeps going up and wages don't keep up, we gotta make the most of our money right?

Quick Reply: LG sucks...