Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Just one weird good day

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Just one weird good day

Ok I just have to share my weird and good day with you all.

I was home for lunch and a friend of mine brought back a chainsaw he borrowed, and we were standing in the driveway and I was saying that the neighbors yard was in need of a mow, and that a guy that does that should have been by a week ago. Well 10 minutes later he shows up, and walks over to me when I was getting ready to ride back to work, and introduces himself to me, he’s the old guy that bought the Jessy James chopper to the motard races, I posted a couple of pics on the forums. Anyway I thought that was weird that I was just talking about him and he shows up, and tells me he has a couple of DS bikes and to call him for a ride. He actually rode his DR 650 all the way from here to Tennessee and back last year.

Anyway the next thing in my day was the maintenance super from the Hospital walks into my office and asks me if I have a 30 amp double pole square D breaker. Small towns like mine have this, can you help me out, or can I borrow until I get one in, kind of atmosphere, and I love it. Everyone helps each other out. Anyway it seems that both hardware stores were out, we looked but nothing, then I called up a guy I know that used to own a shop, we looked in his garage, but only found a 20 and a 40, so he headed back to the hospital, and I went to the machine shop to pick up a fireplace grate that I had extensions made. I walk in and the old guy that owns the shop walks up to me and say hey Deric how's it going, and I say "Hey Bob you don't have an old box of breakers laying around do you?" Well he looked at me like I was reading his thoughts or something, why would I be walking into a machine shop and be asking for breakers? He says “not old ones but I have some new ones on the desk.” Well first of all there are literally 30 different brands and types and sizes out there.

We walk back to his desk and what is sitting on there but 3 brand new 30 amp double pole SQ D breakers, We both looked at them , and we had this silent moment, like the sky was going to turn to blood or something, I then asked if I could have one and if he could add it to my bill, and he said sure, still looking at me sort of funny. I ran it back to the hosp and gave it to the super, and he was like what the?? I love small towns, but the last one is the best.

I was riding home after stopping off at church to see why the air conditioning was not working, (someone shut off the breaker LOL) It was 80 in the building at 4:00, and when we got there last night, almost late, I walked in and it was 68 and everyone started clapping because I fixed it, I felt like a celebrity. Anyway I saw the Forest Service Ranger walking down the street, not in uniform, but I know who she is, anyway I decided to ask finally about the sound of the muzzy, and if they checked for db on motorcycles, because I wanted to settle it in my mind once and for all. She says, and I quote, no we don't have a db meter, and really she didn't care about noise and smiles to me....In my mind I was all like SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I looked like I was concerned , anyway I don't have to worry anymore about my muzzy, all in all a good weird day

I just wanted to share.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Just one weird good day

right on.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Sheit after all that you must have gotten some last night too!

btw, turning on a breaker does not justify fixing an ac unit. lol

Old 07-11-2007, 04:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

LMAO!

Old 07-11-2007, 04:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I always love a great circuit breaker story though.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Sheit after all that you must have gotten some last night too!

OK that just adds to the weirdness of the day, how did you know? (I'm serious) I should have bought a Lottery Ticket, but alas I don't waste money on gambling.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

LMAO!
Hey it doesn't matter who throws the switch, what matters is the end result[8D]

Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Here are a couple of the pics of the bike, now that I know him, I wonder if he would let me ride it? Should I ask? I got nothing to lose right?

Old 07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
1st Gear Member

I bet the exhaust on that thing is WAY more obnoxious than my co-worker's Harley after he took out the internal baffles. (sounds like total *** btw.)

Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 PM
1st Gear Member

You have to ask to ride that thing. Has to be a blast....but don't take it to the woods!

Quick Reply: Just one weird good day