Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Is it just me, or when you start riding...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Default Is it just me, or when you start riding...

Do you begin to notice more how other drivers SUCK. Today I was heading to work (in the civic). I'm at an intersection taking a right turn on green. As I finish the turn, some guy in a truck comes out of the food bag on the left, going into my lane and definitely does not have room with me there. The best part was, he saw me, and just gave me this look, like 'WTF are you doing?'.

All I could think was.. if I was on a bike I could be dead right now.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Default RE: Is it just me, or when you start riding...

Absolutely, you'll see how much cagers suck............that's why you always have to ride like they are out to get you [:@]

Old 06-15-2006, 05:16 PM

I'm starting to notice all the little things that I've never really bothered to look for before. Lane changes with no signals, coming out to far into the road on side streets, people on cell phones (which I did notice before [:@] ).. it's rediculous.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:17 PM
1st Gear Member

The 2nd day of the MSF class we talked about people in cars and how they dont look out for motorcycles, dont make their intentions clear ( you all know this stuff) Well on the way home, I was behind 2 women from the class for about 45 mins. Not once did they use a turnsignal, or even look before they changed lanes. I was outraged that these women were in the class and they were still one of those "problem cagers." I said something the next day when the class started. I made it a general comment, but they knew they were the guilty party!

Old 06-15-2006, 05:33 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah cagers suck....18 wheelers are worse. I was doing bout 100mph down the highway tuesday....when a trucker cut me off...100mph hitting the brakes down to 60mph in like 3 seconds really sucks....thought I was gonna loose it.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:17 PM

That's why (in my car at least) I always stay in the left lane unless I'm exiting.. no trucks in the left lane.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I noticed all that stuff too! Just wait till you start riding - you'll notice even more. When I'm in my cage I am 'biker friendly'!

Old 06-15-2006, 06:28 PM

OH YEAH, when you become a rider, it's like you get a new set of eyes. The roads conditions stand out, all other vehicles mistakes and moves are noticed. You find yourself being more aware of your surrounds for being in a car too cause and that's good cause you'll be prepared when your on your bike.

Also, number one rule you must loose, that road rage, cause in the car you might have a better chance, but I promise you will loose the battle on the bike.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Yeah I noticed all that stuff too! Just wait till you start riding - you'll notice even more. When I'm in my cage I am 'biker friendly'!
ditto to what she said

Old 06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: littledevil

OH YEAH, when you become a rider, it's like you get a new set of eyes. The roads conditions stand out, all other vehicles mistakes and moves are noticed. You find yourself being more aware of your surrounds for being in a car too cause and that's good cause you'll be prepared when your on your bike.

Also, number one rule you must loose, that road rage, cause in the car you might have a better chance, but I promise you will loose the battle on the bike.
Some very good words right there!

Quick Reply: Is it just me, or when you start riding...