Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

iPod Touch

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default iPod Touch

I have purposefully stayed away from the whole iPod craze since it began... having bought my first mp3 player earlier this summer to use on my bike trip to northern Michigan (1500 miles in 5 days on a ZX9)... and even then it was just a Creative Zen 1GB... I think it's called the Stone or something... looks like a small rock, has play, fwd, back, vol up and down - that's it. No screen. It's all I needed.

Well... I have been playing with the Touch model in stores for a little bit now, and was very intrigued with it, and finally broke down a couple days ago and got one. 8GB model, and the user interface works *exactly* like they show on the commercials. Very touch sensitive, great way to scroll through album covers and pictures.

It also has WiFi on board - so I am able to lay in bed while listening to tunes and do one last check of KF before hitting the sack. Pretty slick, really. Obviously this will be for travel and such, and not for riding... wouldn't want anything to happen to it. Anyhow - just have to give a +1 for it, and let anyone know who is thinking about one to dive in... slick little device.

Here is a good, but quick overview from C|NET http://youtube.com/watch?v=5oSsnSKdj_0

Old 01-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: iPod Touch

Cool, my ex wife just bought my mom (don't ask) an Ipod shuffle, I tried it and I have to say the sound and ease of operation is awesome.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

IPods are nice. I still think they are over rated though. The SanDisk Sansa is just as good I think and it has a built in Radio Tuner.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I really wanted the iPod touch myself, but it didn't have the capacity I need (want). I've got the new classic one in the 80Gig and love it. Got the shuffle too for the gym, its freakin tiny.

I'm really waiting to see what people think of that new iPhone....although I'm sure my provider (Telus) will ruin that one too.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 PM
1st Gear Member

I have an old nano, and my wife has the new shuffle for when we run/gym we are really happy with them,

quick Q what do you guys use for helmet music, i have thought about it but have not really tried anything.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:36 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Cool, my ex wife just bought my mom (don't ask)
This has all the makings of a Jerry Spring special...

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

I really wanted the iPod touch myself, but it didn't have the capacity I need (want).
Well, I can't carry my entire library with me either (8300 songs), esepcially considering they do video - but really - how much do you need to have on hand all the time? If I want to play something else for a while, I just change up my library a bit. The only place I really care to have my entire library on tap at, is at home. I have a laptop hooked to the stereo via SPDIF and DVI, and I use it as a "media server" of sorts... although all the files are on another file server completely. Works out pretty well though. I accepted a long time ago I could never carry my whole library with me. Hell, if a thousand songs cant hold me over for a bit, then I got issues!

The Zen is about the size of the new Shuffle, which is why it works perfect for the bike... I actually velcro it to the top tree plate, works great for long trips.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:43 PM
1st Gear Member

That ipod touch looks sweet.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:54 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: srobak

ORIGINAL: deej

Cool, my ex wife just bought my mom (don't ask)
This has all the makings of a Jerry Spring special...

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

I really wanted the iPod touch myself, but it didn't have the capacity I need (want).
Well, I can't carry my entire library with me either (8300 songs), esepcially considering they do video - but really - how much do you need to have on hand all the time? If I want to play something else for a while, I just change up my library a bit. The only place I really care to have my entire library on tap at, is at home. I have a laptop hooked to the stereo via SPDIF and DVI, and I use it as a "media server" of sorts... although all the files are on another file server completely. Works out pretty well though. I accepted a long time ago I could never carry my whole library with me. Hell, if a thousand songs cant hold me over for a bit, then I got issues!

The Zen is about the size of the new Shuffle, which is why it works perfect for the bike... I actually velcro it to the top tree plate, works great for long trips.
I used to do that too with my older one until it just quit on me, but its handy to have all of them with me while i'm on the road, which is alot. Sometimes I just gotta hear a specific song and too many times its not on the library list.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

[sm=guilty.gif]

Old 01-12-2008, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

honestly,i think the psp is the way to go. with storage you can get up to an 8gb sdcard, and cases let you hold a bunch of cards, i personally have 5 4gb's. and the games for it are awesome, i was chronically addicted to midnightclub3 for months.plusssss you can bluetooth it to your ps3 and watch/listen to/view anything thats stored on there from a wireless hotspot.

the only downside... they're about as stirty as a pringle. i got in a fight a few weeks after i got my first one and the sob (porpousley i think) hit it. when i took it out of my pocket all of the buttons were mashed in and the screen looked like bambam (flinstones, remember?)was going at it for a few hours.

Quick Reply: iPod Touch