Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I went to a gun store today

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Default I went to a gun store today

I went to a gun store this morning to buy an AR-15 lower receiver. I was stunned when I opened the door and saw at least 30 customers lining the counters and they had just opened! People were buying 1,000 round cases of ammo and guns flying off the shelf. I have never seen anything like it. You'd think we were going to war any day now. Truly an eye opening experience.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:59 PM
1st Gear Member

i figured that might happen. people are freaked about tomorrow. i think its funny, theyre wasting so much time and money. its like 5 days til christmas, and poeple are gonna go out and dump thousands into a gun/s they can probably barely use in the first place.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't think tomorrow has a thing to do with it. They are there buying the guns they think will not be available much longer because of an AWB.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Landon
I don't think tomorrow has a thing to do with it. They are there buying the guns they think will not be available much longer because of an AWB.
Yep! That would be the cause.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:43 PM
red
1st Gear Member

yea it's because of the legislation Obama will be pushing through.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I dont think that's gonna happen. even if the legislation passes, they aint getting anything with any ease.
also, of all the murder sticks out there, what do you guys recommend? i was thinking a 9mm, cus theres plenty of ammo around and its cheap enough to actually buy. any recommendations on a handgun? brand, size etc.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Stupid sticky ads... GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Last edited by deej; 01-02-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Stupid ads
Old 01-01-2013, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member

what about them?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brieninsac
I went to a gun store this morning to buy an AR-15 lower receiver. I was stunned when I opened the door and saw at least 30 customers lining the counters and they had just opened! People were buying 1,000 round cases of ammo and guns flying off the shelf. I have never seen anything like it. You'd think we were going to war any day now. Truly an eye opening experience.
We actually are at war now. We have a terrorist in the Oval Office.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:19 AM
red
1st Gear Member

Anybody who has actually looked at his agenda realizes what he is doing, 1/2 the population is too blind or unwilling to see past his speeches.

Back on topic the main thing with a weapon to own is that YOU are comfortable with it. Function, reloading, aiming, everything. Glock is a very good gun, personnally I don't use them because the angle of the grip is way off for me (makes me shoot extremely high).

Springfield XD series is a great option. 1911's from most manufacturers are good, lower ammo capacity (7-8) unless you get a double stack model from a company such as Para Ordnance.

USP is great.

Caliber and ammo makes a big difference when it comes to actual stopping power. .45 in any round (hollow point, full metal jacket, etc) is a slow moving round with alot of knockdown power to it. Well known to stop a threat and knock it on its ***. Higher recoil that can be an issue for some people though this depends largely on the gun. Less ammo capacity in each magazine because of the size of the round.

9mm is a very fast moving round which provides more penetration and significantly less knock down power. Only round to consider for defense from a threat is hollow point in this caliber. Many recorded incidences from both military and police of threats taking 10+ rounds of 9mm in the chest and the threat still fighting. 9mm round will over penetrate a threat, creating both an entry and exit wound. Larger ammo capacity per magazine with the smaller diameter round. Usually low recoil and cheap ammo.

.40 cal is the hybrid of 9mm and .45. Less velocity than a 9mm but more than a .45. Recoil is more than a 9mm but less than a .45. Ammo capacity larger than .45, less than (or equal to) 9mm.

Quick Reply: I went to a gun store today