Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I Need a Freakin' House!

Old 04-01-2007, 08:15 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I Need a Freakin' House!

Yea but there is no way i can afford to drop 2.5-3k a month to pay for a house. I wish I could.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member

bish you must live in the hills or something. round here a nice place is round 1300 a mo. move to fl man!

Old 04-01-2007, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hicktown

im fortunate ive never had to live in a apt. im in a 4 bedroom house right now with my buddy. its pretty good living. he has a boat and a stang ive got a ram and a bike so we look like the toy boys on the block. were renting the place for now, but you gotta remember an apt. is temporary living, once you move out youll have nothing to show for all the money you spent.
Well good for you. I was fortunate I had and now have an apartment or I would have been on the street. I would love to be in a home right now, but have no way possible to do it atleast right now. Apartments are more than just temporary living, for some people its all they can afford, me being one at the moment.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

+1
Apartments might be temporary but if you get in over your head in a home loan you will have to pay the bank every dime you have and in the end they will take your house and put you on the street. There are many oppurtunities to get your little slice of americana without sacrificing your financial freedom, just keep your head in the game, know what your looking for and exactly how much you can spend for it, and know exactly what you will have to pay. One of the hardest things to do is pass up on a good deal, but getting a 75% discount on a ferrari doesnt mean you can afford it, take your time, plan your future, and budget your money, and you will get a place of your own. Just dont jump in theocean until your sure you can out swimthe sharks.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 AM

Yeah- move out of the area and don't look back!

My hometown house prices have gone up TONS in the past 6 years- from 150k being great homes to 275k to be OK homes with little to no room-

I will start saving pennies and in about 10 years (i'll be 32) look into seriously buying a house with a massive DP

Or- a large condo- eitherway- I don't want to leave the area too much good stuff!

Old 04-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I bought a 3 bedroom house 6 years ago in a nice neighborhood all ready to move in all we had to bring was a washer and dryer. We paid, are you ready for this.....$85,000 and all we had to come up with was $750.00 for a down payment.Our house payment including taxes and insurance is $650.00 Its a nice house in a nice location. I heard that our house in Cali would go for around $300,000, But then we are in the rain capitol of the world. Good luck on finding a place, but since buying 6 years ago, the value of our house went from $85,000 to $140,000. Too bad I already re-financed twice already. The last time was with Countrywide, and I have no complaints with them. Great company, in fact they advertise a no pain loan, no closing, no appraisal, no anything fees, check them out. (no I don't work for them[8D])

Old 04-02-2007, 03:45 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh and if anyone here is thinking of moving to Forks, you better sell the crotch rocket and get a DS bike, trails and gravel roads BABY!!![8D]

Old 04-02-2007, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

housing around here hasnt seen those numbers in like 25-30 years ago lol....

Old 04-02-2007, 04:29 AM
1st Gear Member

I think what I would like to do is rent a home for a couple years so at least I can have a big enough place to get furnature and other items that complete a home. Then, I'll just save my money until I can put a good size deposit down.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member

That will work if you can find reasonable priced rent on homes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Need a Freakin' House!