Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I lost my job.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I lost my job.

Yep. Its BS. Got called into the office and 3 HR managers were sitting there with the look of death on their faces. Apparently my job has been "eliminated" due to downsizing, um okay whatever, why didnt the person who works with me get fired! I called Jason (HR manager) out on it and he had no answer for me, he just gave me a bs answer, so now im jobless, $3000 in debt on credit card, and $5000 car, bike might have to be sold now. I dont know how im going to afford all of this, i did a severance agreement with Cintas, i have 3 weeks of full pay coming to me, and then im drawing unemployment as well, time to look for a new job. oh also im single again, dumb b!tch cheated on me. yeah thats my life, it sucks.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:05 PM
1st Gear Member

dude.. sorry bout the job loss, but be calm and stuff will work out.

sorry bout the cheating wh*re but that is something that it seems like we all go through...

Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Hey, I live in the Wilmington, OH area, where the DHL main sort hub is. If you've been following that story at all, they have let go around 8,000 people in a 3-county area. That has killed our local economy. There was even a segment on 60 minutes about it a few weeks ago. I used to work there a few years ago. Since this is a "family-oriented" forum, I'll keep my opinions to myself.
I feel your pain, dude. Stay after your unemployment and see if there are retraining funds available (outplacement; anything) from your former employer. Feel free to PM me if I can offer any advice. I KNOW how you feel. Hang in there, OK??

Old 04-03-2009, 09:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear that bro, just try not to worry too much and have confidence that you will find somewhere to work.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

sucks man. sorry to hear. i think you have to keep the bike, sell the car and default on the card before selling the bike

Old 04-03-2009, 11:54 PM
1st Gear Member

That sucks horribly bro. I hate to hear that happened to you. Hope everything works out for you.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member

I have been in the same boat so I know how it feels I don't have anything good to say but to just hang in there. Yea I know its tough!

Old 04-04-2009, 04:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

Hey Man, Truly sorry to hear the **** came down. Things will work out for you. Now you're free to make new opportunities happen. They will.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Dang it......If all you are is 8 grand in debt, then you got it ez man...not bad at all......You'll find another job, even tho the hassle of it sucks.....Don't sell the bike!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I feel your pain <---- no job here either. I wish I was only 8g's in debt also. You will be fine. I just a got a temp job at home depot and I am thinking abot opening a lawn care business just to put food on the table..

Quick Reply: I lost my job.