Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I laid my bike down.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I laid my bike down.

I went to pick up my bike friday after work. I didnt have my helmet so I just drove the bike back to my work which is 1 light away. I took my exploder home grabbed my helmet and gloves and changed into a shirt and icon ridin pants and boots. My roomate came home and took me back to my work were my bike was. Well, I drove down the hill. turned left twice. then there was a bend to the right that was in front of meijer and the street lead you to the light on the main road. well in the bend i dont know what happened i dont know if i hit an oil slick or what but the back tire slipped out from underneath me and i lowsided the bike. I was goin about 10 to 15 miles per hour. I got alittle road rash on my forearms and tore up my ridin jeans alittle bit. Damage to the bike was the right fairin is pretty scratched. there is a small patch rubbed away on the front fairing and same for the rear fairing. the right mirror on the back side was scratched alittle. the bar end and brake lever were scratched. the bike mechanically works fine. but it sucked. I was so mad. I felt so dumb I dont know why. I didnt do anything wrong and wasnt doin anything stupid just there went the bike.I cleaned up my arms its not that bad. It stung but it was fine after that. the next day durin rugby i wrapped the **** out of my arms and it actually felt good throughout the game. but now i have a deep contusion on my shoulder from the game. it was a tough weekend. just thought id bring you guys up to date on what happened

Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I laid my bike down.

damm that sucks bro.[&o]sorry to hear it[]are you going to report to the ins company? or fix urself? glad ur ok tho

Old 09-24-2007, 06:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Well i am glad that you are ok. the bike parts are replaceable not the parts on your body, so dont feel so bad about the bike .

Old 09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah im just gonna fix it myself. im orderin new tires today and goin to get frame sliders. do some things to it that will help protect it just incase this happens again. but i think with my tires bein alittle warn and cold and prolly hittin some kind of oil slick i think is why i went down i was so mad

Old 09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
1st Gear Member

cold tires I would think, Glad your ok Jeremy[8D]

Old 09-24-2007, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Talca

Well i am glad that you are ok. the bike parts are replaceable not the parts on your body, so dont feel so bad about the bike .
i agree its just been a long weekend

Old 09-24-2007, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poodlenuts

cold tires I would think, Glad your ok Jeremy[8D]
me to and thanks. the bike has 7700 miles on it so i am orderin new tires today i was goin to wait till the winter but i think ill get them alittle sooner

Old 09-24-2007, 06:11 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I'm thinking you hit some oil or somthing. If your riding slow or normal the tires will hold just fine, I guess it realy depends on the tires your using. The supersport tires dunlop qulifers pilot powers corsa pros things like that have great stick even when cold.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

thats what im thinkin. still it sucks to bad my bike couldnt stand up and look all nice like yours did az. allthough there really wasnt alot of damage.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:53 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Mine stood up after doing a full 360 on the ground

Quick Reply: I laid my bike down.