Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I HATE MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default I HATE MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I get back from my hunting trip to find out that my XBOX 360 has the dreaded 3 red flashing ring of death as it is known in the gaming world. It took me an hour to get a hold of someone, and yep you guessed it I got to talk to rasheeb from India. What a bunch of crap! I am going to sit down and methodically write a letter to the editor of the Seattle Times and flame Bill Gates and the Microsoft Corporation so bad they will be knocking on my door begging me to accept thier apology. Outsourcing troubleshooting calls overseas is no longer acceptable to me. And to have to send this piece of garbage back to them because they can't make a product that lasts more than a year is also unacceptable. Look for my letter in an upcoming article. Bill your days are numbered, you messed with the wrong person this time.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

P.S. I got skunked deer hunting, report and pics coming soon.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I HATE MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sux Deej,spend your hard earned $$ and it don't last a yr,kinda makes you want the ol reliable atari that sits in moms attic that will still work at 100 yrs old

Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

At least you got out huntin and getting skunked still beats workin

Old 10-19-2007, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

I have come to expect anything from Microsoft to be pure crap. Just because something is popular doesn't make it the best (Or even good for that matter). This saying goes for the Xbox 360 compared to the PS3, as well asPC compared to Mac. Even the mobile windows software for smartphones and PDAs is extremely buggy (And crappy). Unfortunately, all the good games are only being made for the Xbox, and the most widely used business applications for computers are only made for Windows. Luckily for the consumers,alternatives are always there and getting better all the time.Apple's Mac keeps growing at a huge rate (Understandably considering how much of a disaster Windows Vista has turned out to be). People are starting to finally realize they don't have to live in a world of constant Windows frustrations anymore. The iPhone is proving to be a much better alternative to windows mobile equipped phones, Sony's PS3 is slowly gaining momentum against the Xbox, and then there is Nintendo kicking both the Xbox and PS3's asses put together! I have made it a point lately to start onlybuying well made and functional products instead of just buyingthe status quo oneverything.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

dang, sad to hear that ya got skunked in hunting, then go home to a skunked Xbox. So now you cannot even shoot big gameat home!

Old 10-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Old 10-19-2007, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

I have come to expect anything from Microsoft to be pure crap. Just because something is popular doesn't make it the best (Or even good for that matter). This saying goes for the Xbox 360 compared to the PS3, as well asPC compared to Mac. Even the mobile windows software for smartphones and PDAs is extremely buggy (And crappy). Unfortunately, all the good games are only being made for the Xbox, and the most widely used business applications for computers are only made for Windows. Luckily for the consumers,alternatives are always there and getting better all the time.Apple's Mac keeps growing at a huge rate (Understandably considering how much of a disaster Windows Vista has turned out to be). People are starting to finally realize they don't have to live in a world of constant Windows frustrations anymore. The iPhone is proving to be a much better alternative to windows mobile equipped phones, Sony's PS3 is slowly gaining momentum against the Xbox, and then there is Nintendo kicking both the Xbox and PS3's asses put together! I have made it a point lately to start onlybuying well made and functional products instead of just buyingthe status quo oneverything.
But if there was no MS, there would be no Halo .

I have to agree that there is some inferior products out there with the MS tag on it, however I find that its becoming more and more popular just to hate MS because it is popular to do so.

Yes Macs and Unix based systems are more stable and such, but their robustness really doesnt do it for the average family household. Like I always say to people "Theres no games for the Mac, and no, Photoshop is not a game!!"

If you were to take the average user, and place lets say,a Linux releasein front of them, my god....They'd never figure it out, and in turn, say it was crap. Its a plug and play society man, your bound to have issues with stuff.

For the record vista sucks, big waste of money (and beefy hardware).

Old 10-19-2007, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah the world of microsoft is lazy oriented and it ends up being quite a hassle. windows vista runs your computer you don't. its your best bet to read up and use linux(probably one of the best thing to happen to the computer world) once you figure out all the basics it isn't really that hard. Also PS3 will dominate the XBOX 360. If i have my facts right the xbox 360 can't even produce 1080p(it makes 1080i) and right now the only thing it has on sony is software. The PS3 and Sony took a huge hit on hardware the have a supernice system inessentially a fully 1080p HD computer which would cost around 2K to build. Not only that but from what i hear a lot of the first PS3's had trouble and most(if not all) of the customers were given new ones or were fixed promptly. And i think they have most of the bugs fixed on it so that build that buy them can use them for the greater good of HD video gaming.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member

You have a good point, stellar. Halo is one of the most awesomeness games ever!I don't want to sound like abiased fanboy who hates just to be hateful. I admit I own a LOT of Microsoft products, and not all of them are that bad. But to say they are all "wonderbar"is a big stretch.

I personally think about 90% of the general public would be more satisfied using a Mac instead of PC as their personal computer, but too many people are just not willing to deflect towards something theydon't know about.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:45 AM
1st Gear Member

markmeinteil
I personally think about 90% of the general public would be more satisfied using a Mac instead of PC as their personal computer, but too many people are just not willing to deflect towards something theydon't know about.
well put

Quick Reply: I HATE MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!