Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

I Hate The ******* Police

Old 03-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I Hate The ******* Police

hmm, good info on wearing protective lenses. I like to lift the visor at a light as I wait (better ventilation), then place the visor back down after going through the intersection. hint, hint

Old 03-19-2007, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

if you havea full face, you dont have to wear glasses unless you ride with the shield up. i always ride with the sheild up keeps me cooler. and if your not movin, your aloud to put the sheild up also. ie at a light. if that intersection you were at was a light then fight it.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member

well some cops are cool. shoot this one K-9 unit sherriff lets me responsibly drive dirtbikes and quads on the streets in the neighborhood to connect to the two different terrains. and in the winter when the roads arnt plowwed he lets us practically drift race our atvs on the streets, mufflers blasting!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

If you have a windshield tall enough you don't even need eye protection.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I think it's kind of messed up he had you lay face down after he took your keys. I've been pulled over. Had to sit on the curb. I was definitely speeding but he pulled me over for riding a dirt bike on a paved road. That lasted long enough for his backup guy to tell him it is in-fact an enduro... and it's street legal, and has one too. Frikkin XRs mang. Anyway, fight it. Not all cops are bad, I like to turn on the ol "yes sir, no sir" switch when talking with them, and they're generally receptive if you keep your word usage brief and polite. Then again Huntington Beach traffic cops are ruthless. Glad I don't live in that town.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 AM

ijust dont see how you get off hating all police...i am involved in law enforcement and this is a very tight group of people just like riders. cops just dont go around pulling people over for no reason...they have to have probable cause...and there must have been some reason for backup and the side arm being drawn...because all squad cars these days normally have a video recording system in them and since you are from florida i am assuming they do...so why would this officer pull a firearm on someone not doing anything wrong....I am sure there are some bad cops out there but just dont lump us into one group that would be like lumping all riders together saying all we do is cause trouble or some crap like that....you should think before you put somethinglike this upman...just because you were angry at something you did....but if you think its bad living with cops try living without any

Old 03-19-2007, 07:11 AM
1st Gear Member

my best friend is a cop in florida, and he admits hes a dick, and will find any and i mean any reason to pull somone over. music too loud, a car not stoping before the white line at a stop sign. some stupid meniel crap he will pulll someone over. and then he will search their car, for any and all reason. and my friend boasts about this

Old 03-19-2007, 07:34 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bgillette78

ijust dont see how you get off hating all police...i am involved in law enforcement and this is a very tight group of people just like riders. cops just dont go around pulling people over for no reason...they have to have probable cause...and there must have been some reason for backup and the side arm being drawn...because all squad cars these days normally have a video recording system in them and since you are from florida i am assuming they do...so why would this officer pull a firearm on someone not doing anything wrong....I am sure there are some bad cops out there but just dont lump us into one group that would be like lumping all riders together saying all we do is cause trouble or some crap like that....you should think before you put somethinglike this upman...just because you were angry at something you did....but if you think its bad living with cops try living without any
No matter how much we try to fight the idea of us against them and visa versa... it will allways remain. There will only be a handfull that see it the way we do.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: lemac

ORIGINAL: bgillette78

No matter how much we try to fight the idea of us against them and visa versa... it will allways remain. There will only be a handfull that see it the way we do.
well yes i guess that is true....i guess i just have the best of both worlds

Old 03-19-2007, 08:47 AM

I would take his badge number and report him and his actions to the local station. A good citizens complaint will get him in a cheery mood!

I would never hesitate to get some ***** cop where it hurts. Not that I am quick to the trigger- but it seems as though he is abusive. Its Daytona... not Compton.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Hate The ******* Police