Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

husband with cancer

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Default husband with cancer

I know this subject has nothing to do with riding, but as a member and my husband is an owner of a KAWASAKI VULCAN I have another problem. A more serious problem and need a lot of help.
My husband was recently diagnosed with cancer of the throat and neck. He has undergone chemotheropy and radiation and has not worked since March 2007. He hasn't been able to ride his Vulcan but once since he was diagnosed with the cance. I enjoyed riding with him on my Honda Rebel while he was able. But now he is very weak in his legs and unbalanced. The one time he tried to ride it he dropped it coming into the driveway. We have a gravel driveway and that didn't help any. He went off into the ditch and when my son and I got it off of him and helped to push it out of the ditch with him driving it, he got it up on the side of the road and a car came around the curve and he veered off toward the ditch again. The man in the car stopped to help us get it back on the road and my husband drove it back to the shed and parked it. He hasn't been on it since. But he has no business getting on it because he is not strong enough to ride it. He is 49 years old in a 70 year old body at this time. I just want my husband back the way he was before he had cancer. We have three children we are supporting and the only income we have is my schoolbus driving job. We still have a house payment and taxes are coming up. He was self=employed as a commercial electrician for 14 years and DEFACS has turned us down and social security dissability is taking ther own sweet time. We applied for social security dissability soon after his diagnoses which was five months ago. We desperately need help. If anyone or everyone that reads this could send a dollar, maybe a fund could be built up to help us keep our home and pay our property taxes and care for our children. If you decide to help, send it to Terry Davis 4281 County Line Rd. Mansfield, Ga. 30055. If not keep him in your prayers and pray that he recovers from this cancer. I love him very much and being in dept does not give him the will to want to keep going and wants to keep living and not give up on living. Thank you for your time. Please pass this on to everyone you know and maybe it will go around the world. It has been so stressful being his primary caretaker, feeding him through a peg tube because he cannot swallow food, grinding his pills, sending them through the tube and constantly waiting on him because he does not have the energy or balance to do for himself all day. Because of the radiation, he has lost his taste buds and saliva glands. He has to use a suction machine to get the thick mucus out of his mouth. He feels like he has no life. The only life he has is sitting on the couch watching tv, dozing off, and sleeping until 12:00 everyday. Thank God I have a job which gives me the time to come home during the day to care for him.
Thank you for your time.
Marlene Davis

Old 09-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Default RE: husband with cancer

Was he a user of smokeless tobacco? I have you and he in my prayers.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I see that you joined today and only have one post. I hope you can understand why I will not send you money. If I knew you as a regualar then it would be a different story.

However I cannot even begin to understand the pain and suffering you have been through and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:04 AM
1st Gear Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:10 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Merdox

I see that you joined today and only have one post. I hope you can understand why I will not send you money. If I knew you as a regualar then it would be a different story.

However I cannot even begin to understand the pain and suffering you have been through and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Sorry for the issues at hand. You are in my thoughts as well.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member

This post appears to be replicated on several forums - non bike related at that. Process it as such.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:31 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

ORIGINAL: Merdox

Sorry for the issues at hand. You are in my thoughts as well.
Ill keep you in my prayers.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: srobak

This post appears to be replicated on several forums - non bike related at that. Process it as such.
show me a link to another forum that has it. If it bs I will axe it.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

thats messed up if this is bs. and there is no name to send anything to anyways.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

+1

Quick Reply: husband with cancer