Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Honestly, who has

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Honestly, who has

who here has ever run from the cops. i here stories alot of bikes getting clocked way over the speed limit then just punching it and getting away. seems a little fishy. so anyone here ever truely ran from the cop? with all the times you read of people trying to run and getting caught, its hard to beleivethe more radical side.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Honestly, who has

i personally have never tried. never needed to knock on wood. but who knows i am sure some people have and some people havent. the people that have probably dont talk about it

Old 08-31-2007, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Good question. I never have, nor have I ever claimed to.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member

yea me neither

Old 08-31-2007, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

once, not 100% sure if he was after me but, he was parked in the median i didnt care and blew past him. after a couple seconds he pulled out and appeared to be after me but didnt have the lights on. i continued at high speed till i reached the back roads to my house. ran inside opened the garage and shut it fast.

who knows if he really was after me but i wasnt gonna find out.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:31 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I was too lazy to re-type this so I did a search and I found it. So if you have already read about this then sorry. I didn't run from the guy but I could have.

Years ago I bought a used Suzuki LT 250R Quadracer Two stroker, man that thing was fast. When I first bought it I had trouble getting it started when it was not warmed up, turns out that after I got it home I pulled the jug (huh huh huh he said jug) there was a small hole in the top of the piston. $40.00 later for a new piston and rings, and I was in business. Oh this was the same quad that my ex wife and ex sister-n-law wanted to ride and I said no because it was a two stroke, and swear to God they said, "can you take off the two stroke part?" (5 Laughing smilies required for that one.)

Anyway one hot summer day I was down at our favorite swimming hole and I was ripping up and down the rapids for a while, and all of the sudden I looked up and what did I see? Our local game warden gesturing me to get out of the river. Well I got a ticket listed as a hydraulics violation. So a few days before I went to court, our local paper had some fishing tricks and tips for steel head anglers that proceeded to say that to get the human smell off all your fishing gear, which would include hooks, lead, line and really anything that one would throw into the river, one should spray WD-40 on everything.

Well even at the age of 23 a light in my head went off, and so I took the article into court and showed the judge and she looked at the officer, and we all had a silent moment that was priceless. Needless to say she dropped the ticket from $465.00 to $65.00. He wrote it up as a hydraulics violation, but in truth he said that the real reason he gave me the ticket was that I was ripping up salmon spawning beds, and that if I had just crossed nice and slow I would have never gotten the ticket in the first place. I still see that guy around town, and we sometimes look at each other like, yea I know that its you and you know that its me. LOL

Old 08-31-2007, 06:03 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

well. like hick i dont know if the cop was after me. i was geting on the freeway and nailed it. it was a long on ramp and at the top a chp. california highway patrol was parked. when i saw him i was already close to 100. yea it is a long on ramp. i am sure he heard the exhast screaming. i flew past him. i knew there was an off ramp about a 1/2 mile a head. i go to the off ramp. took it pretty fast. it loops around under the free way. as i coasting under the free trying to keep the sound of the exhaust down the cop flew over the overpass lights blazing. i took city streets home. never knew if he was after me but i didnt want to find out.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:26 AM
1st Gear Member

you will never know if the cop is after you unless he busts you. but if you see blue lights and your booking it then hide hide hide.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:06 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Thinking back on it. That was one of the most stupid things I've done. luckly I have not been pulled over on the bike. If I do see a cop light me up then yea I would just pull over. I've heard to many stories of riders getting into nasty accidents running and even being killed in accidents. 2 or so weeks ago 3 riders in oakland died running from the cops. and last week in the san jose area another ride died was runing from the cops.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

running bad mmmk.

Quick Reply: Honestly, who has