Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Is the heat killing anyone else?

Old 08-14-2007, 02:27 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Is the heat killing anyone else?

holy hell thats pretty good!

Old 08-14-2007, 02:28 AM
1st Gear Member

That would be good here...but it would be very good for the part of TN I lived in....

Old 08-14-2007, 02:28 AM
1st Gear Member

...MIKEYS RICH

Old 08-14-2007, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I could've made more but I needed some time off , I am usually offered OT every week and holidays .

Old 08-14-2007, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Its not worth it if you cant have fun

Old 08-14-2007, 02:33 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 08-14-2007, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I live in Bozeman, MT. Driven by one of Bill Gates' houses, the one up in Big Sky at the Yellowstone Club. The owner, Tim Blixeth, is building the most expensive house in the world up there. Got to hang a TV for Tom Weiskopf, a pro-golfer and the designer of the Yellowstone Club golf course, and his wife in their bedroom when they came back from vacation. They have a nice bunch of stuffed animals in their livingroom, including a male lion, cheeta, impala, and bighorn sheep. I think they also had a Costco TV in there, which surprises me, because if I was rich, I wouldn't touch anything less than a Pioneer Elite or an XBR3. (I used to do installs, but the guys I worked with sucked, so I transferred to delivery, $9.50/hour on both jobs, better chance for advancement and tips in delivery as most don't have college degrees or even college experience, nor stay for very long, and I don't need to use my own tools).

It really sucks when you charge $55+/hour, $200 to just hang a TV, and don't even make $10/hour (under $20k/year net). There are jobs that pay better out there, I just don't interview well. I was offered the operations manager position, but I would pretty much be the only person working at the desk with almost nobody to instruct me or work with me because Vann's pays so little (McD's starts at $9-12/hour, ACE starts at $9.50 for cashiers) and the women at the front desk are getting under $9/hour. I wasn't sure about changing positions, so she recommended the younger girl for her position, who was going to quit if she didn't get the position. The older woman is quitting soon anyway. I may be getting a raise soon if the warehouse supervisor comes through on his promise. At least I was able to save $1700 cash for the Ninja. Wanting a nice car next, the ***tro is a piece of junk!

Misc. work pics:

Ed and some of us waiting on a Wolf range to install:

$3000 McIntosh 2-ch receiver:

Any questions on home/car audio, appliances (mainly dishwashers and over-the-range microwave brands and installation), just ask me. Been installing dishwashers for almost a year, got about 120+ under my belt.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:13 AM
1st Gear Member

the past coule of days its been over 100 we had a record high the other day

Old 08-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben_cline

I live in Bozeman, MT. Driven by one of Bill Gates' houses, the one up in Big Sky at the Yellowstone Club. The owner, Tim Blixeth, is building the most expensive house in the world up there. Got to hang a TV for Tom Weiskopf, a pro-golfer and the designer of the Yellowstone Club golf course, and his wife in their bedroom when they came back from vacation. They have a nice bunch of stuffed animals in their livingroom, including a male lion, cheeta, impala, and bighorn sheep. I think they also had a Costco TV in there, which surprises me, because if I was rich, I wouldn't touch anything less than a Pioneer Elite or an XBR3. (I used to do installs, but the guys I worked with sucked, so I transferred to delivery, $9.50/hour on both jobs, better chance for advancement and tips in delivery as most don't have college degrees or even college experience, nor stay for very long, and I don't need to use my own tools).

It really sucks when you charge $55+/hour, $200 to just hang a TV, and don't even make $10/hour (under $20k/year net). There are jobs that pay better out there, I just don't interview well. I was offered the operations manager position, but I would pretty much be the only person working at the desk with almost nobody to instruct me or work with me because Vann's pays so little (McD's starts at $9-12/hour, ACE starts at $9.50 for cashiers) and the women at the front desk are getting under $9/hour. I wasn't sure about changing positions, so she recommended the younger girl for her position, who was going to quit if she didn't get the position. The older woman is quitting soon anyway. I may be getting a raise soon if the warehouse supervisor comes through on his promise. At least I was able to save $1700 cash for the Ninja. Wanting a nice car next, the ***tro is a piece of junk!

Misc. work pics:

Ed and some of us waiting on a Wolf range to install:

$3000 McIntosh 2-ch receiver:

Any questions on home/car audio, appliances (mainly dishwashers and over-the-range microwave brands and installation), just ask me. Been installing dishwashers for almost a year, got about 120+ under my belt.

thats pretty cool ben, i was in that industry for a good 15 years and out west, if you know your stuff, especially with the wolf, viking, thermador and big name professional appliances, youd be making 30 bucks an hour plus commission.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:52 AM
1st Gear Member

We had to take a Thermador fridge up 3 flights of stairs a week ago. That REALLY sucked! The most we can get in installation is $15 an hour for Vann's. Some people are even charging $40/hour for mediocre painting. Ed, the guy by the Wolf range, is wanting to start up his own prewiring/electronics business and figures he can easily start out to where he'd make $20/hour and rack up a lot of business by beating out the other people charging $55-65/hour and up.

Camera phones are so much FUN on the job:

Bunch of other pictures from work, and such:
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/9473/29077

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is the heat killing anyone else?