Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Heading to Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Heading to Vegas

yea she was hot.....

those are good shots of you.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool pics indeed! You know I grew up riding in the woods but never quite got the hang of it. I think it stems from a place called Strawberry Hills when I was 16. EMS might of heard of it. While my friends were out 4-wheeling I took my bike out blazing the trails by myself. I came upon a field and slowed down and the next thing you know I caught a cow fence wire under the chin. It pulled me off the bike backwards! Luckily, I was going slow enough and only had a red mark around my throat, ever since then the woods freak me out.

You guys are alot like my brother, he's crazy about woods riding and will drive 3 hours one way for one race and have the time of his life.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

Brain remember the kid on the xr650 over in NJ on the northeast ride? I had a long conversation with him about moto X'ers and trail riders, you would think they are pretty much the same, but to motocrossers trail riding is crazy cause the trees, rocks, and what ever else is in the trail,
I remember that guy, he was awesome on that bike. I think his name might have been Tyler? He and his dad were selling those spoke saver things. I mostly only saw his roost. [&:]

But I'm not so sure about the generalization - I remember the story about Doug Henry who went down to Florida and did one of the GNCC or hare scrambles down there while he was on "vacation". He mopped the field with the other pro riders. Story is he shows up in the early morning hours in a beat up van and parks between the big factory haulers and unloaded an incon****uous Honda and set up under an EZ-Up canopy. He stood in line like the rest of the average guys for sign-up. When the racing started he made it to the front fast and the factory teams were like "who is that guy?". As the laps were counted away, Henry and Juha Salmenin (multi-time national champ from Europe) changed the lead several times. Some say Henry was playing with Juha. On the last lap, Henry took a digger with only about 1/2 mile to the finish. But he staggered back to his feet and took the win with about 10 seconds to spare. [sm=hail.gif]

Maybe it's just one of those things you either have a knack for or you don't, but some can still do both very well. Or maybe once you get so good that you can race at the pro level like Henry, you just have so much natural talent that you can handle anything that gets thrown at you.

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
those are good shots of you.
Thanks - it's amazing what a professional photographer can do with so little to work with.