Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Hazardous road kill stories

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Hazardous road kill stories

Since I have been riding for almost thirty years, I have had some strange things happen to me while out on the road. One time I was riding back to my home town for the weekend from college. It was cold and I was tailing an eighteen wheeler running about 75 mphbecause it actually felt warmer in the pocket of air right behind the trucks trailer. The truck hit a large jack rabbit and before I knew it, this thing come flippin out from under the truck, and landed in my lap. I must have jerked the handlebars because it scared the holy hell out of me.
The old LTD went onto a tankslapper and I thought I was dead. I all but let go of the handlebars and the bike actually straightened out and stabilized itself.
I slowed down, and pulled off the road and sat ther for at least ten minutes trying to just stop shaking. I call this one the Jack attack!

One time my buddy Cliff and I headed out to lake Tenkiller in eastern Oklahoma. We had matching 450 Hondas and was running around 80 mph on a nice straight county highway. We came over a slight hill where a buzzard was chowing down on a dead possum. The buzzard tried to take flight and got about three feet off the road when Cliff hit him. The buzzards chest hit the triple tree and the big bird just exploded all over Cliff as it hit him in the chest. I swear it peeled his hands from the handlebars, and knocked him flat back on the seat. It knocked the breath from him but this guy actually sat up and grabbed the bars and never seemed to veer or lose control. After I saw that he was under control and safe, I started laughing so hard that I thought I was going to wreck. While laughing I must have leaned my head back because I felt something penetrate my left nostril and it just stayed there. Well, that stopped the laughing. We pulled off the road together. Well Cliff had buzzard crap and intrals all over him, and I was freakin because something in my nose was trying to crawl into my cranial cavity. Here we were, I was blowing and snorting, and Cliff was cussing that buzzard and getting sick all at the same time. He even had a hole in his chest from the beak of that buzzard. Cliff pulled off his tee shirt and wiped his face off, then said, what the f*cks wrong with you! I was trying to get ahold of this alien in my nose and was having no luck at all. Cliff said let me see If I can get that thing but it was just too buried in my nose. The next thing I knew Cliff just grabbed my nose and crushed it with the bug in there. Even though I wanted to kill him right then, I could at least blow the bug out of my nose. It was a large brown hard shelled bug we call a June bug. We then sat there for about thirty minutes and laughed until our stomachs hurt.
I call this one the June buzzard story.

Beleive it or not...........Worlok14

Old 02-16-2008, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hazardous road kill stories

And here is where it starts again!

Old 02-16-2008, 01:46 AM

Them rabbits can be mean and ornery. Once ran into one just sitting on the side of the road down at Chincoteague like some highway robber waiting for a passing victim. Lucky I spotted him as soon as I rounded the curve and I accelerated past him afore he had a chance to stop me and tell me to stick my hands up and then robbed me blind.

Your other story had me laughing my head off!!!!

Andits forreal, its the rabbits you gotta' watch out for and not the buzzards(still I'm sorry to hear about the number that one did on your buddy's chest -- hope it healed quick). Theylook all nice and soft and cuddly and everything but they're ornery and mean inside and they'll take you for every penny you've got if you don't watch 'em every second of the day(stock up on the No-Doz whenyou see one around)!!!!

Old 02-16-2008, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

"In an effort to save a squirrel in the road, slam on the brakes and swerve into oncoming traffic to kill an entire family."-some dick i stole a quote from

i aim for animals, the way i see it im just speeding up evoloution. if the ****** is dumb enough to run infromt of an 8000lb van moving at 45mph then it deserves to die. meanwhile the smare ones that stay to the side, live and mate. therefore speeding up evoloution on my part

Old 02-16-2008, 05:13 AM
1st Gear Member

might as well just ban him now. Thats where it going to end up anyways!

Old 02-16-2008, 12:07 PM
1st Gear Member

With a little over 600 post's, you are already a moderator, and can recommend banning people that have done nothing wrong?
You should be banned for the power trip you seem to be on. You cant ban anybody or even suggest it.
Find your place and stay there Dude!, you make me sick! You need to sign up on a Harley web site, with a little luck,you would fit right in.

Worlok14

Old 02-16-2008, 03:37 PM
1st Gear Member

In other words - you got banned from there too?

Old 02-16-2008, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member

See above post as originally directed to Merdox. You are in the same category! And for your edification no, I would rather die as belong to a Harley Web site. You guys need to de inflate your heads.
When you become moderators or owners of this web page, I will gladly join another web page but until then, kiss my gritts.

Sincerely yours worlok14

Old 02-16-2008, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

gritts are tasty

Old 02-16-2008, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Worlok14

With a little over 600 post's, you are already a moderator, and can recommend banning people that have done nothing wrong?
You should be banned for the power trip you seem to be on. You cant ban anybody or even suggest it.
Find your place and stay there Dude!, you make me sick! You need to sign up on a Harley web site, with a little luck,you would fit right in.

Worlok14
If you look at the top 10 poster list evil is clearlythe winner (and a mod) however I joined a couple of weeks before he did. The only reason I only have 6XX posts it because I don't care, and I have better things to do. But ever since you came out of the closet for the second time all you have been doing is posting a bunch of useless crap. Now maybe I should of kept my mouth shut but when I see your long stories I know where it is going to end up and that is with you being banned again.

And just for clarification, I can recommend banning people. How do you think you got banned? And the list was a lot longer than Sro or I.

Quick Reply: Hazardous road kill stories