Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

The haunted Harley

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 04:48 PM
1st Gear Member
Default The haunted Harley

I rarely admit this to anybody but I have a Harley Davidson. It was my best friends bike that I bought from his estate after his death. Art, full name Arthur Crabbe was my best friend. We were closer than most brothers and had been hanging around with each other for the last twenty years.
He had always talked about getting a bike so he could ride with me. We always wanted to take a long road trip together and re-live our younger days as he put many miles on a bike in his twenties.
On December 16th 2002, Art was coming home from a small town in Ohio where we were working at that time and was about 20 miles west from Mc Connelsville Ohio when a lady and her children was coming the opposite direction.
Apparently the lady had turned around to see what one of the kids was doing in the back seat, and jerked the steering wheel to the left just as Art was about to pass in the other lane.
Her car jerked over right in front of Art's car and hit him head on. Art died instantly as well as the lady and two of her children.
I was very close to Art's mother and as she had no other living relatives, I helped her make the arrangements for Art's memorial service and as Art had requested, had him cremated.
On the following memorial day we decided that Art would like his ashes scattered in the small lake behind the house where he lived, because he loved to sit on the back porch in the evenings and look across the little lake.
Since the Harley he had bought just two months before his death was his pride and joy, I took him for a one hour ride before I scattered his ashes. I bought his Harley, a 2000 Fatboyfrom the estate so I would always have something to remember him by. I also saved a small portion of his ashes andepoxied them in his ride bell that always hangs in front of the motor. I also have his name engraved in various places on the bike. When I do ride this bike, Artie is truly riding with me.
I rarely ride this bike because I really am not into Harleys that much, so it sits in my garage year after year. I do keep the battery charged and ride it maybe six times a year just to somehow connect with my best friend.
The thing is, during the month of December, this bike will not start, it will not even turn over. At night I have heard it cranking in the garage and when I would go downstairs, everything was quiet and nothing out of place except a faint gas smell.This only happens in December.
The last time I rode his bike past the little lake in Beverly Ohio, the bike just died. I could not get it to start so I trailored it home. After I unloaded it from the trailor I turned on the ignition switch and it fired right up. It has also acted up while on the road that in turn, probably saved my life. This bike has a mind and soul all it's own and there is not enough room on this post to tell you abouteverything the bike has done. I will keep this bike until I die then pass it along to my son. I have had this bike checked out by Harley mechanics on several occasions and they assure me that it is in perfect running order and only has 10,000 miles on it.
This true story is in memory of the best friend I ever had, Artie Crabbe. Ride on brother!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: The haunted Harley

I'm hungry. Think I'll go get something to eat now.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:56 PM
1st Gear Member

hmmm!!! Food was good!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i had burger king, it wasnt bad

Old 04-12-2008, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I had Chinese buffet. It wasn't too bad either.[8D] Asians Evil! Asians!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Then, I went to the coffee shop and bought a pound of coffee. Should last me a week or two.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:43 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Worlok14

I rarely admit this to anybody but I have a Harley Davidson. It was my best friends bike that I bought from his estate after his death. Art, full name Arthur Crabbe was my best friend. We were closer than most brothers and had been hanging around with each other for the last twenty years.
He had always talked about getting a bike so he could ride with me. We always wanted to take a long road trip together and re-live our younger days as he put many miles on a bike in his twenties.
On December 16th 2002, Art was coming home from a small town in Ohio where we were working at that time and was about 20 miles west from Mc Connelsville Ohio when a lady and her children was coming the opposite direction.
Apparently the lady had turned around to see what one of the kids was doing in the back seat, and jerked the steering wheel to the left just as Art was about to pass in the other lane.
Her car jerked over right in front of Art's car and hit him head on. Art died instantly as well as the lady and two of her children.
I was very close to Art's mother and as she had no other living relatives, I helped her make the arrangements for Art's memorial service and as Art had requested, had him cremated.
On the following memorial day we decided that Art would like his ashes scattered in the small lake behind the house where he lived, because he loved to sit on the back porch in the evenings and look across the little lake.
Since the Harley he had bought just two months before his death was his pride and joy, I took him for a one hour ride before I scattered his ashes. I bought his Harley, a 2000 Fatboy from the estate so I would always have something to remember him by. I also saved a small portion of his ashes and epoxied them in his ride bell that always hangs in front of the motor. I also have his name engraved in various places on the bike. When I do ride this bike, Artie is truly riding with me.
I rarely ride this bike because I really am not into Harleys that much, so it sits in my garage year after year. I do keep the battery charged and ride it maybe six times a year just to somehow connect with my best friend.
The thing is, during the month of December, this bike will not start, it will not even turn over. At night I have heard it cranking in the garage and when I would go downstairs, everything was quiet and nothing out of place except a faint gas smell. This only happens in December.
The last time I rode his bike past the little lake in Beverly Ohio, the bike just died. I could not get it to start so I trailored it home. After I unloaded it from the trailor I turned on the ignition switch and it fired right up. It has also acted up while on the road that in turn, probably saved my life. This bike has a mind and soul all it's own and there is not enough room on this post to tell you about everything the bike has done. I will keep this bike until I die then pass it along to my son. I have had this bike checked out by Harley mechanics on several occasions and they assure me that it is in perfect running order and only has 10,000 miles on it.
This true story is in memory of the best friend I ever had, Artie Crabbe. Ride on brother!
Do you play copious amounts of World of Warcraft, Everquest or some other soul sucking online garbage?

Old 04-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

more asians added, got to be carefull searching, damm asian womer are nasty on line

Old 04-12-2008, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't we all know. lol lol[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 04-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

Im not a big fan of the asian women but i know everyone here is.

Quick Reply: The haunted Harley