Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Group ride pix from thurs and fri

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Group ride pix from thurs and fri

Thursday it was a bit chilly, but a handful of us got together and went to downtown...

Buildings: Sears (Willis) on the left, Trump, Prudential, Aon, and Hancock on the right:

Soldier Field in the back:

For Friday I put together a group ride from the burbs to Chinatown for dinner on the local boards. I expected maybe a dozen including my regular group. At the first meet spot I picked up a dozen of which I had only met 1 or 2 previously. At the 2nd meet spot there was almost another dozen including those from my regulars. While waiting another 4 showed up, and 4 more were waiting for us along the interstate towards downtown. By the time we got to Chinatown we had 33 bikes and 37 people. We completely took over Chinatown and 7 Treasures... it was awesome

Prior to departure with the big group, I held a quick riders briefing and asked folks behave or they would find my foot up their *** as traffic was still way too dense for any stupidity. Surprisingly - the group stayed PERFECTLY formed the entire ride in... 30+ bikes taking up only the center lane at 75mph. It was beautiful. I was completely impressed

Picking up the first group:

Leading them to the 2nd group:

Stopping to get 2nd group:

Parking in Chinatown was a bit of a pain, but we managed in smaller groups...

37 people walking into a Chinese joint at the same time. They love it when I bring groups there - but I think I outdid myself this time - LOL!

Deciding where to ride after dinner:

Small group of us went to Upper Wacker Drive to check out Navy Pier, the Chicago River, and Trump Tower:

And then there were 2...

Old 04-22-2009, 03:43 AM
1st Gear Member

looks like fun! Its hard to find good guys to ride with, there is a group here that I have rode with a few times but it just isn't worth it. To many idiots!

Old 04-22-2009, 04:12 AM
1st Gear Member

My regular group is slightly older than all the pre-20's that go ripping around on bikes like complete toolbags - so I don't usually have to ask people to behave. I am just glad everyone did on this ride.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Nice pics and congrats on the day ride.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

moar pics of blondie looks like fun. thnx for sharing

Old 04-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Cool ride, man!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I am going to go riding with a group of Harleys this weekend. I just hope they dont start stopping at every bar we pass. I cant believe how much some of these guys drink while they are riding, and riding two up with their wives and girlfriends no less.
Hell as crazy as I am, I do not drink when I'm out riding. But these guys think it is just part of riding. Usually after the first bar stop, I just ride on my merry way and leave them behind.
Buy there is this really hot chick that rides a sportster that will be going along with us, so if she isn't a devil worshiper, maybe I can hook up with her. She has already said that she loves my Ultra Glide.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:40 AM
1st Gear Member

looks like a good time. those are some really clear pictures too. I'd like to go on a ride like that some time but I haven't found any one around here that rides except my friend from way back when but he dumped his bike a bit ago and hasn't gotten it fixed yet.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
Buy there is this really hot chick that rides a sportster that will be going along with us, so if she isn't a devil worshiper, maybe I can hook up with her. She has already said that she loves my Ultra Glide.
Just don't let her near a ouija board and that bike!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, if she pulls out a ouija board, I'm out of there man!

Quick Reply: Group ride pix from thurs and fri