Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Which party are you more likely to support in the next election?
Democrat
0%
Republican
80.00%
Other
20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Generic Election Ballot Poll

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 03:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Generic Election Ballot Poll

With election day fast approaching, I wanted to do a generic poll here. Which party do you intend to cast a ballot for on election day in November. This poll is for United States Congeress and Senate. Not local and state candidates.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Well judging from the poll so far there's gonna be a low turnout.

M

Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Politics is always a dangerous subject at best, on an internet forum.
Frankly, I'm disappointed in the whole political arena. Why is it so difficult to stand up for what is right? (Where's Jimmy Stewart??) People go to Washington and lose all sense of principle; they forget that taxpaying people (who are getting pretty well depleted of savings and unemployment benefits) are taking it on the chin for their stupidity. I don't care what political party you may wear on your shirtsleeve, damn, do the RIGHT thing. Don't take PAC money, don't place an undue tax burden (too late!) on the public, spend money like it's your OWN, give incentives to business owners in these tough times so they can HIRE people to produce goods, services, and have some sense of being able to get ahead. What happened to the mindset from the late 40's-early 50's when the public was sick of war, and the government (imagine that) created the GI bill so people could go to school, get jobs, start a family, and feel like CITIZENS instead of a population of cash cows for the government to milk? NOW, we have people in power that otherwise would be doing menial jobs because nobody with any brains wants to expose themselves to the lunacy that is present day "government." Would you rather be a politician or a rock star or famous athlete? 90% of people choose the latter two, because 10% don't have the public service ethic to make things better.
Frankly, I'm ashamed for the veterans who have served this country, that it's such a selfish place to live. God bless you guys and gals who have put it ALL on the line; you deserve better.
Mike, you touched a nerve, man. People need to get over the "what's in it for ME" attitude, and STAND UP. Give your kids something to be proud of. NEVER forget 9-11. I just buried a 2-term VietNam vet brother in law a few weeks ago. This is AMERICA. If you don't get a lump in your throat when the Star Spangled Banner plays, and you think about all the sacrifices that have been made so you can stand there and sing that song, shame on you.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Agreed JeffZ, I appreciated your post. Politics is a touchy subject to approach on message boards. Many people don't want to offend anyone so they ignore politics altogether and just 'LOL' their way through message boards. Or maybe they're just plain apathetic. That's cool, I don't blame them. But there has to be some folks around willing to be the 'salt of the earth' even if it makes them unpopular at times.

M