Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Gas prices rise along with interest in motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Gas prices rise along with interest in motorcycles

Gas prices rise along with interest in motorcycles

Interest in motorcycles and scooters has risen rather dramatically along with the increase in fuel prices. While we can appreciate the reduced cost of operation that sometimes goes along with choosing a motorcycle over four-wheeled transport, the enjoyment some of us get from bikes easily eclipses our desire to save at the pump. After all, this particular blogger has been riding since the days of buck-a-gallon gas. Still, the growing trend of drivers dropping half their wheels in the name of gas conservation deserves close examination and has even caught the attention of Consumer Reports. In fact, a recent survey conducted by the group has found that a staggering 26-percent of respondents have considered downsizing from four wheels to two. According to CR, their team is intently studying this two-wheeled phenomenon in an effort to become acquainted with the products on the market, how often they are ridden and the newly-found fuel savings of their riders.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member

according to my boss (lonely 60 yearold store owner of 36 years, also an economist) said gas will be around $1.50 later this summer.... and i dont pay bike insurance so i wont know anything about that

Old 07-25-2009, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kx slaughter king
according to my boss (lonely 60 yearold store owner of 36 years, also an economist) said gas will be around $1.50 later this summer.... and i dont pay bike insurance so i wont know anything about that
If gas prices 'kiss' a buck fifty it will be short lived. With the way the futures market is working these days anything goes. We now have a high supply of crude oil with sluggish demand and the market still pushes $70 a barrel.

The market is detached from conventional supply and demand 'rules' and is very fragile. If a militant takes a crap next to a Nigerian pipeline it throws the whole market into a tissy, and Nigeria is a 'chump change' supplier of crude on the world market.

M

Old 07-25-2009, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

I would like to be paying a 1.50$$$...better than the 2.30 i'm paying now and that is a 5 cent drop from last week...