Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

FullFace helmets banned!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default FullFace helmets banned!

Hey All, i need some help from u all.
My country banned FullFace helmets, for better identification.
Riders here are treated very cheep. Please help us by signing into this petition. It's a great help *we got no protection at all*
Your saving life's of riders here.
Thanks a lot!

(to vote please check below link)

Link -
Law makers in Sri Lankan government must withdraw the decision to ban FullFace Helmet usage in the country.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...try_1/?dVROcgb

Regards,
Supermoto59

Name:  K7AqEzb.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  50.0 KB

Old 11-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Why even have a helmet law then? wow

Old 11-10-2013, 05:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
Why even have a helmet law then? wow
If you read the description petition, you will know how lame is it:/
Well, i hope we get the law back

Old 11-11-2013, 09:13 AM
1st Gear Member

wow! you must be some really "Bad-***" bunch of riders over there .....the government is so scared of you they don't care about your safety.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kennysupermoto
If you read the description petition, you will know how lame is it:/
Well, i hope we get the law back

I read it. I was being sarcastic with what I read.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
I read it. I was being sarcastic with what I read.
Well, if u did vote. Thanks a lot

Last edited by kennysupermoto; 11-12-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Signed and approved. What a goofy law; really, how stupid. Let's sacrifice rider safety for LEO "identification" convenience. If a rider has violated a traffic law or the LEO has probable cause to pull the rider over, then ask him to remove his/her helmet...pretty easy stuff. If the rider has NOT violated the law, then there's no reason to be "identifying" said rider (aside from the visually apparent characteristics, i.e. green/black helmet, tinted shield, etc.).

Old 11-12-2013, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
Signed and approved. What a goofy law; really, how stupid. Let's sacrifice rider safety for LEO "identification" convenience. If a rider has violated a traffic law or the LEO has probable cause to pull the rider over, then ask him to remove his/her helmet...pretty easy stuff. If the rider has NOT violated the law, then there's no reason to be "identifying" said rider (aside from the visually apparent characteristics, i.e. green/black helmet, tinted shield, etc.).
Thanks for the support man!
well the pro is cz of people who steal some robbers have sports bikes so even the good in that list

Old 11-12-2013, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
Clearly you don't really understand the situation they have in many other countries and apparently in Sri Lanka. Thieves use motorcycles to purse ****** and other nefarious deeds, that aren't occurring at that level in the U.S. This goofy law is in response to that sort of crime. Not for some petty traffic violations pickings. It is to have victims be able to see the face of those who are assaulting them and stealing their property.

You have U.S. think, not Sri Lanka think. I will tell you I went into a bank once to ask directions and they wouldn't deal with me until I took off my helmet. Some places might have called the police... and that is in the U.S.

If the crime rate of riders and passengers with full face helmets went up enough in some states odds are full face helmets would be banned there. The citizens speak... even if it doesn't make sense.

Last edited by klx678; 11-12-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

OK; yeah...(klx^) you're exactly right about my ethnocentrism; point made.

However (you knew this was coming...) I struggle a bit with enacting a law which punishes law-abiding bikers..i.e. puts them at increased risk of serious injury/hospital bills/etc., to protect other citizens who are victims of petty theft or other primarily "property" crimes. To DENY available-proven safety protection to a larger group (probably?) in order to marginally increase the conviction rate (assuming witnesses can effectively ID the perps.....not sure I could even with an open face helmet) of petty thugs seems bass-ackwards. What's next? Outlawing armoured motorcycle jackets because they negatively impact the ability of the victim to guess relative size and build of the perp? I dunno.....that's a slippery slope.....

Quick Reply: FullFace helmets banned!