Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

First track day!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default First track day!

Hope everyone has been well. It's been a busy summer but let's get to the good stuff. A friend of mine has ben on me about doing my first track day. So I signed up with NESBA to do the BeaveRun course three week prior to the date. Man, as the days got closer the more nervous with anticipation I got not knowing what to expect. The prep was simple with Beginner class, remove mirrors tape and unplug lights but I did switch over to water wetter so I wasn't that idiot that spill anti-freeze all over the track and cause an accident. Oh and threw a new set of 2ct's, awesome tires!

Got to the track about 7am went through tech without any problems, had the riders meeting. The fog was starting to lift and first two sessions and first two laps were under yellow so everyone could get used to the track. The A group went out followed by the Intermediate group then it was time to suit up. The sounds were sweet having never been to a gp race or anything. The excitement was too much!

I lined up on the right lane about mid pack for the newbie, super slow riders. Our group had 25 riders all together. I could feel my heart beating through my leathers! The Control rider took our group out and the first two laps were at a nice pace and my nerves were gone by the first turn. After that I started to pick up the pace and hit smoother lines. The first few times I got passed scared the hell out of me! and I got passed alot by lunch!

Anyway, by the end of the day about 6 sessions my lines inproved as well as the speed. The CR said my speed was good but just have to hang off the bike more. Only had a few sketchy moments. I never did get to drag my knee but i was leaned over way more than I was used to. But the bike and I came back in one piece. So I won!

I could go on and one about how much fun it was...but have to say I larned more in one day at the track than a two years riding on the street.....stay safe everyone!

Last edited by OMalley912; 01-21-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:00 PM
1st Gear Member

lucky ****

how much that cost?

Old 09-21-2008, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Way cool OMalley, I have thought about trying this too. We have a track down here in Homestead that does the same thing.

I noticed in your signature most of your bikes are dirt bikes. How long have you ridden on the slab with a real streetbike? I was considering getting a real slab machine and doing the noobie track thing.

Any advise for a sand rider. My current street bike is ktm adv...

Old 09-21-2008, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey king, it was 165.00 for the day. Can range anywhere from 105-300 depending on the track.

What up FM? I got the 636 in March 07. Although I'm still new to the track, they say have atleast 1 yr of road riding which makes sense. Go buy one man, you'll have the time of your life! The only draw back is...way too much cash to get into. Never rode in the sand though so not much help there.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
1st Gear Member

i was soo close to a 08 zzr but the loan got pulled at the last second because they found out my mom quit her job... being the co-signer, they felt it was to big of a risk.

whats more sad is, for one months payment i could spend a day on the track

Old 09-21-2008, 11:12 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I've got 9/29 off work I'm headed to infineon for a track day. they can be pricey infineon is 375 for a trackday.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:48 PM
1st Gear Member

wow, thats 3.5 weeks pay for me

haha, worth it i guess... infineon is a nasty track

Old 09-21-2008, 11:52 PM
1st Gear Member

That sounds like some pricey fun asz. I think Road Atlanta is 305.00. My brother lives there...hmmm? sounds like a road trip! You in?

Old 09-22-2008, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Autobahn just outside of Chicago is 160, they have several days each year for multiple classes of riders.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:33 AM
1st Gear Member

you guys suck.... theres nothing like that out here in cowland

Quick Reply: First track day!