Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

finding new bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:59 AM
Default finding new bike

hey people (a.k.a. friends) i need ur help im going to graduate soon and scince my dad promiced me a bike when i grad high school
(but now he cant do that grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) i would like to know what out there and whats best for me

thanx lots
chris

Old 03-03-2008, 07:36 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: finding new bike

thats a hard question to answer, bro..

its all in your experience, and what you'd like to do with it..

i started off on a 650, but it was a crusier.. after 3 years, i stepped onto a 600 ninja.
i rock a 750 now, (after 7 years of riding) but have ridden 250 hp bikes.. its all in the control, sir!

i'd consider a 250, 500, or mild mannered 600

depends on if you're like 6'9" as well.. lol

get the m.s.f chit outta the way, and that'll give you time and experience if you don't already have it (i'm assumig you don't?)

i know guys who started off on a literbike.. its ALL in self control bro!

Old 03-03-2008, 01:26 PM
1st Gear Member

It just depends on what your comfortable with.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:07 PM
1st Gear Member

dont start to big unless you think you realy think you can handle it. 600's are realy popular and they fly to. the ninja 500's are a safer bet, but then you run the risk of getting bored with it in time.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 PM

Where are you, Chris ? Might sell you my Ninja 500R for cheap if I can trade up. It'sa good starter bike. Got one used with only 2,500 miles on it and have put 10,000 more miles on it so far. Would recommend it regardless of whether you're interested in mine or not. Not so high-powered that you'll feel like you're riding an unbroken Nevada stallion but still enough power to have some fun on.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kx slaughter king

or you could be like every other highschool kid in america and buy a asshat busa, dump all your $ into visual mods but never toutch the engine and then wheelie when ever you take off, drive as fast as you possibly can to where youre going, and if you have to stop for some reason be sure to endo. and dont forget to brag about all the times you wipeout, run from the cops and challenge responsible riders to races in public neighborhoods and busy streets.

p.s. in case any of you didnt catch on.... thats pretty much the opposite of what you should do[8D]
hmm, this was abit over the top kxslaughter

Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member

i know. im quite the bit pissed off today, and i sorta seized the opportunity to rant a bit.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

so make your own rant post! Your comments/rants are muddying up this one.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member

but i have nothing to rant about!!

hang on, ill fix it.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Chris,
Call me biased (it won't hurt my feelings) but I think aZZR600 is a good starter bike. It has enough power to keep you entertained for years, but it's forgiving enough for a n00b. You've been around bikes your whole life, so I'm guessing you've ridden a few in your time. Plus, all the times you've ridden with your Dad, that helps (believe it or not) prep you for being a rider. Or, you could start with a 250R or 500R. It's really all about what you are comfortable with. I would start off with a used bike though... because chances are, you're going to drop it (when you do, don't feel bad... everyone drops a bike at least once) and you don't want to have a lot of money tied up in your ride when you go down. Hope this helps bro. Can't wait for you to get out on your own ride.

Quick Reply: finding new bike