Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Finally got the wife home

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 11:22 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Finally got the wife home

Tuesday my wife almost passed out at work, they took her to the ER and we spent 5 hours in there trying to figure out why this happens 3 or 4 times a year. Went home and was back in the ER the following night for another 5 hours then they admitted her and did two separate cat scans, finally figured out what has been happening.

Turns out she has a longer lower intestine than most people and as your body pulls water out, her intestinal tract has longer to pull more water out causing her to be constipated. 3 nights in the hospital trying to get the infection under control, they almost transferred her to Tacoma. She typically only goes the the bathroom like once a week, or less. Not normal, but this has been the way for the 20 years that we have been married.

Anyway she's home resting, and we now have the answer, and its not to drink more water, because one that would be nearly impossible as we all drink ice water most of the day and right up to when we go to bed. The answer is taking a daily dose of .....wait for it.....Polyethylene Glycol 3350 NF.

Basically its a powder that attaches water molecules to food as its digested so that when its time to get rid of waste then there is enough water in it to keep things on a regular schedule.

And thus ends this week's installment of the digestive diary.

I know that's more than you wanted to know. She's sleeping now but man that was really scary how much pain she was in. She said giving birth was easier. YIKES!!! I said kidney stones were worse, she just looked at me and I stopped talking. hahaha Oh and I was never here and I never shared anything with anyone, someone hacked into my computer and wrote this....

Old 02-01-2015, 09:52 AM

Wow that's interesting. Was it called diverticulitis ?? That's an infection in the poop canal (or intestines) and is VERY, Very painful.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej,
That's scary stuff. Good to hear she is okay and thank you for filling us in. My girlfriend may have a similar problem. She's had to have one or two sections of lower tract removed. Hope your wife pewps better now, and more important doesn't pass out.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by studebaker53
Wow that's interesting. Was it called diverticulitis ?? That's an infection in the poop canal (or intestines) and is VERY, Very painful.

and common....most people get it to some degree and many don't even know they have it. Diverticulitis, Diverticula, both are awful and I know a few folks who have a had surgery to treat it. IBS is another thing that is more common in women than men.

Deej, give the wife a spoon full of oil 3 times a day. Help the poor girl out, man!

In other news. I was constipated the other day. I didn't know what to do. shoot flares, drop smoke and prepare for extraction. I thought I was a goner.