Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Finally Back!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Finally Back!

I have always thought bout running a skate board...But then I thought about the -40 wind chill winters in WY, and my skinny a$$ tarping a load in it!!! lol.... ain't no way you can pay me enough money!

Chrome is nice!!! Set her low. Shine her up. Sit back, and cruise....yeah!!

Old 11-03-2006, 05:53 AM
1st Gear Member

i'm i'm running the long haul division. 80% no tart loads its mostly eqipment and copper. i WILL not do line haul tarping everyday. i know what ya mean though, being up 13ft in the air and a gust of wind hits the tarp. luckly now most places have a harness system and are indoors for those type of loads.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:56 AM
1st Gear Member

chrome is very nice, esp with the company requires you to get company paid truck washes weekly.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

NICE!! That wouldn't be too bad at all then. There is a dedicated run here hauling equipment. John deeres, etc..... One way run to dallas and back, 500 miles each way, home every other night, no chicken coops, no portables, nice shot. I wouldn't mind that at all. But , that run has a waiting line behind it for 5 years. [:@]

Probably though, I will go back to O/O with Wild West Express. 4500 miles a week, $1.09 clear/ mile, and no hassle dispatch. All reefer though. But at least you don't have to unload or load, and there is less wait time than dry box. Can't have it all!! lol

I might give flat bed a try though. I always thought it would be awesome. And if I can get a no tarp type OTR runs, even sweeter.

That's the only bad thing about wet box. YOu always have to check produce temps, constantly, Walmart sucks to unload at, Always maxed on weight. And usually tough time constraints. But, still wouldn't trade it for an 8-5.....

Old 11-03-2006, 06:11 AM
1st Gear Member

I think any of the major companys suck with wetdock. esp when you run dry and then have to turn around 20 min later and have ur box to 0. then its not and you miss your apt b/c they won't load you b/c of the temp and then you have to wait until they can get you in. 4500miles a week, i'd love to see your coloring book(S)
even if you get a tarp load, they are mostly not big loads, heavy but not big. you can o/o through tmc, but i'm not sure on there rates.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

^ lol..... Ya, thank god for loose leaf!!! lol

Yep, Americold is the worst. I don't care if you call them and get load temps. They say 32 , you pre cool at 32, then they tell you when you get there, -20 !!! WTF? I just called you morons. lol lol

I have not checked into TMC..... Might have too. You company? Do you get paid dead head?

Old 11-03-2006, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member

as an o/o? i'm not sure probably. tmc as a company driver we get paid a percentage of the load so it works out nice.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:35 AM
1st Gear Member

just checked, its percentage as well. dh miles are paid unless it mroe than 100 miles or so. the cheapest freight we haul is like 1.25 a mile. long haul usually stays up in the 1.50 and sometimes get intop the 1.75-2.00 range.

i pulled a ld of jd tractors and as a company driver i made .50 cents/mile for 1300 miles. i think my best load paid me .75/mile. that was a hellnice check.

i won't go o/o too much of a headache/liability for me.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the link bro!! Some nice equipment. About same home time, average, 1 day home for every seven out. I'm really thinking about this. Flat bed would be kick a$$. Summin new.... hhhhhmmmmmmm.....Thanks man!

Would be cool to not have a loading dock anymore.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: walight01

just checked, its percentage as well. dh miles are paid unless it mroe than 100 miles or so. the cheapest freight we haul is like 1.25 a mile. long haul usually stays up in the 1.50 and sometimes get intop the 1.75-2.00 range.

i pulled a ld of jd tractors and as a company driver i made .50 cents/mile for 1300 miles. i think my best load paid me .75/mile. that was a hellnice check.

i won't go o/o too much of a headache/liability for me.
dang. That's good pay for company driver. Wow! I always thought about the liability and headache also, until my dad finally talked me into it. I wouldn't have it any other way now. The hardest part is saving all the reciepts, fuel tax states, etc, for taxes.

man, that's good pay for company driver!

Quick Reply: Finally Back!