Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Earthquakes suck balls

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah bro, thers a circuit board in there..

some adjusters are REAL simple like the yosh box for gixxers.. they're just a few pots and resistors. i can make em all day long with radioshack parts as the schematic is on a few forums for the taking.

in a way, i'm kinda not sure exactly HOW the PC works, since its essentially a piggyback ECU in a sense..

the thing is, your bike changes maps PER GEAR, so the ECU is always adjusting fuel no matter what.
that, as well as ignition advancement and dwell.

the PC i think either lies to the ECU about the TPS and crank/cam signals (which absolutely HAVE to correspond due to the rotor configuration on the crank) and adjusts fuel thaat way, or it is post ECU.. i've put em in and tuned, but i never really broke down the logic to how and why it does its thing..

might have to do some research!! i plan on looking into the benefits when i convert to EFI on the 7 after the turbo stuffs done..

i've seen alot of guys hacking the ECU and getting the same results tho. speedracer originally posted a 12-R hack post a long time ago which led me to the whole story on ECU hacking and it's (then, still experimental) benefits.

either way, you might be ok! the guy who hacks em for fun (also an embedded electronics engineer) is north of you in washington. and the new kawis all pretty much have the same ecu, save for a few different parameters..

i still hope dude can fix your chit. hate to see a brotha lose money.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member

update.. amazing what a lil reading can accomplish.

the PCII-lies to the ECU by intercepting TPS and other signals and lets the ECU do the work.

PCIII- lies to the injectors. does not change ignition mapping.. only outgoing fuel injector signals.. (i'd surmise a duty cycle change). intercepts injector signals and tweaks them before they get to the injectors themselves.

PCIIIr- alters the ignition map as well as the fuel mapping. r probably denoting "race" as most ppl don't know how to tune ignition, and would kill their chit if they tried..

so, i guess i kinda was right in each way.. lol

damn, i'm good.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i feel smarter after reading your posts man. question tho, if something internal was smashed and when i tried to power it up, would that cause more damage to the circuits or liar boards or whatevers in there ?

that would suck if it were fine till i powered it up with the guts all touching each other and fried it. doohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 08-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

but hey, i called dynojet before i did anything, the guy told me to power it up. not my fault

Old 08-02-2008, 10:01 AM
1st Gear Member

it depends on whats broken or shorted.
a fall is probably not going tobreak alot of stuff, but if it was smashed, then theres a possiblilty of shorting a regulator transistor or something like that out.. any 5 volt processors on that board might get 12V to them inadvertently, that'll pop em.

theres DEFINITELY a lower voltage than 12 in there.. the LED's alone are only 2.3V i think.. maybe lower..

but ya.. if it goes, it'll be instant, but then its easy to see what fried (usually).

honestly, if the case is good but cracked, chances are the board is ok at the least.. if IT is, the next worste case is that a component or two were knocked off.

everything electronic is designed to withstand vibration and lateral G impact forces.
hell, some electronic devices can stand up to 30 G's before failing!!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

old power commander is still at r cal, i think hes trying to get a free one or some crap, meantime i got a new one all ready mapped and ready to go, just got to put it in. im anxious to see how fuel motos map works on my bike and if i can roll with the ride at 95 %, itll work till i have the coin to have it dyno tuned and a custom map installed.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Nice!

I guess they pretty much have to say "For Race Use Only"

Old 08-08-2008, 05:21 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

they make a version called the ex that is for street use. basically, you cant map and adjust it. however, i installed that beast tonight and went on a test ride and goodgod****ing WOW dialed in with the correct map is like a whole different bike. throttle response is killer, mid has a nice hard hit that keeps pulling hard. damm i wish this thing ran like it does now when i first put it in. ok, bottom line, buying a new one set up correctly was worth the price alone. im not even bent about the new one. WOW.

im happy

Old 08-08-2008, 05:28 AM
1st Gear Member

haha, at least it worked out

Old 08-08-2008, 05:31 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i still have to see what happens to the crushed one

Quick Reply: Earthquakes suck balls