Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Dish Network SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Dish Network SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here was my experience with Dish on Wednesday.

My name is Deric Kettel with the University of Washington. I have a story to relate that has become all too familiar in dealing with Dish Network. We have one TV and satellite receiver here at our place of business. The remote control has been non functional for a while now, and I called Dish yesterday to see what you were going to do about it. The person on the phone was less than helpful. I told him that we had a receiver that was 8 years old and the remote would no longer work, and that the dish needed to be re-positioned. He basically said he couldn't help me. I used the standard "well I guess we are going to have to go to Direct TV" ploy which by the way usually works every time, as some sort of game you guys like to play to see how far out you can string a customer along. Anyway, your customer service representative said go ahead and switch to Direct TV. I am thoroughly disappointed in your customer service here, and have experienced it here, at home and everyone I know has felt the same couldn't care attitude when it comes to existing customers. I am also, if I don't hear back from you by Friday morning, going to file a formal complaint with the BBB and the State of Washington. It’s a sad day when new customers are treated better that customers that have been with you for years. When are businesses like you going to realize that this is poor customer service and an insult. Here is my full contact information, and as previously stated, I want a call from someone by Friday morning. The service has been cancelled, the dish was no longer receiving a signal, the remote didn’t work and you were no help. That about sums it up.
Deric Kettel
University of Washington
Olympic Natural Resources Center

Dear Mr.Kettel,
Thank you for your email.We would like to apologize on behalf of the DISH Network for the way that your issue was handled by our representatives. We take our customer service seriously and strive to be the best in our industry. Our customers are very important to us and we sincerely apologize for the service that you have received.
Please understand that as a growing company, we are continuously training all of our employees and constantly re-evaluating our customer service. There is no excuse for being inconsistent or insufficient to those that have made us what we are today—our customers!
If you wanted to restart your account, we stronglyrecommend that you call ourTechnical Support Center at the number 1-800-333-3474 in order toreplace your remote.
We appreciate that you have brought this to our attention so that we may address this issue with the appropriate personnel. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies and we thank you for your feedback.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer towww.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.
Sincerely,
Cristina P.
DISH Network eCare

Old 02-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Dish Network SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup they suck! direct tv!![8D]

Old 02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

its not just dish - its almost every company out there - the customer service completely depends on the rep you get. that is IF you get ahold of someone and not just circulated through automated responces untill you hang up or get disconnected.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:15 PM
1st Gear Member

gotta love double talk
"We are very sorry you didnt get helped today, but this email is not to help you. If you want help you can find it here, they will be happy to send you somewhere else, thank you for your business.
P.S. Send Money!"

Old 02-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

honestly, directv is not any better [>:]bastards

Old 02-01-2008, 06:26 PM
1st Gear Member

i never understood this trend... without having loyalty to customers they should never expet any sort of customer loyalty.

very few companies out there are worthy of customer loyalty these days.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:33 PM
1st Gear Member

They dont really strive for customer loyalty, most companies have just figured out that if there are only a few options to choose from, just make yours easier to startup and make the others look bad. 75% of customers will resist switching providers for as long as possible just to avoid the hassle and initial expense. The cost of keeping the remaining 25% happy enough to stick around is a lot higher than the revenue they would generate, so they dont even bother.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 PM
1st Gear Member

A few months back, I decided to go Directv, but the satellite installertold me it couldn't be done due to tree branch blockages. But, to be honest, I'm kinda glad it never happened. I just bought an amplified OTA antenna, and can get all the big networks still. (In digital Hi-def even!) I've replaced other TV watching time by watching or listening to podcasts.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Isn't OTA going away in a year?

Old 02-01-2008, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kohburn

i never understood this trend... without having loyalty to customers they should never expet any sort of customer loyalty.

very few companies out there are worthy of customer loyalty these days.
Love the cat scratcher in your sig!!! Cats are the best.

Name:  Cat20Headphonesresized.gif
Views: 16
Size:  89.5 KB

Quick Reply: Dish Network SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!