Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Dish Drops KOMO 4 Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Dish Drops KOMO 4 Seattle

It may seem trivial to some, but this is just another jab and an insult to the viewers that rely on news and programming from monopolies like Dish. And KOMO 4 is no better. I shot off a few e-mails to DISH and KOMO and I hope they both go down in flames. I guess it’s time to move on and start using Netflix and X-Box even more now. Here is what I wrote them this morning.

I was about to cancel Dish anyway, and your actions just sealed the deal. I thought your viewers were the reason that you even existed, but I guess that has somehow changed huh? Whatever. I’m going to start using Netflix and X-Box even more now. You guys blew it, even if you do get up and running on Dish I will not be loyal anymore. It’s kind of like the baseball strike or the Hockey strike. After they came back I didn’t really care anymore. You are going to lose customers and so is Dish. We shouldn’t be stuck in the middle because of the greed and downfall of the economy. Have a great day….or not because I don’t really care. L

Here is a link and statement from KOMO and one from Dish. What a bunch of tools the both of them.

From KOMO:
KOMO no longer available to DISH Network Subscribers
Story Published: Dec 17, 2008 at 9:53 AM PST
Story Updated: Dec 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM PST

To DISH Network Subscriber:

The carriage contract with KOMO expired with the DISH Network at 11 p.m. on December 17, 2008. Our station has been in negotiations with DISH in an attempt to reach a new agreement. Unfortunately, those negotiations have not yet been successful.

We will keep you fully informed. Here are the FACTS:

- DISH charges you a fee to receive KOMO. We believe DISH should be willing to pay a small portion of the fees you pay to DISH for the program content we provide to you. Our request is reasonable given our award-winning news, sport, and entertainment programming. It is considerably less than the amount paid by DISH for less popular satellite program networks.

- We will continue to work diligently in the hope that DISH will complete an agreement for carriage of KOMO. Our programs include your favorite news, weather, sports, and entertainment programs, including Lost, Desperate Housewives, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and more.You may continue to watch these and other great programs of KOMO by alternative means.Your choices include:
  • Free, over-the-air reception directly from the station
  • DIRECTV
  • Your local cable system
  • In some cases, your local telephone company.
We will keep you fully informed of the status of our negotiations and we regret any inconvenience DISH may cause you.
Below is a list of payments made to other cable networks for a fraction of the audience that our stations generate

From DISH:
“Fisher Communications’ demands have forced us to remove this channel from our local programming line-up, forcing this disruption to our customers,” Eric Sahl, Dish Network’s senior vice president of programming, said in a prepared statement. “We continue to fight for our subscribers by remaining the leader in value and in order to do this, we need fair contracts and competitive pricing for our customers. This is why we refuse Fisher Communications’ request for increased pricing and unreasonable terms.
“We deeply regret the inconvenience this disruption may cause any of our subscribers,” Sahl said. “Subscribers should rest assured that we continue to take the necessary steps to ensure that Dish Network remains the source for the best quality TV at the best total value.”

I hope they all end up in the unemployment lines. What happened to just being happy to have a job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by deej; 12-18-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

thats gay,, least you told them there problem,,

Old 12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok here we go again. At midnight tonight, if I lose 18 channels because of some turd's decision, then I'm shutting off Dish Network. I know, its not Dish network's fault this time, but I don't care. They want to play hardball, fine. I'll find more to watch on netflix through X-Box.

Sign of the times my friends.........sign of the times.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...-threaten.html

Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

still butt hurt over this? ..LOL maybe you'll have to get out and ride more...hehehe

Old 12-31-2008, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea as soon as the snow melts.......

Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM
1st Gear Member

ahhh you got tread, just ride in the snow lol

Old 12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member

ride in the snow... get a quad or a sled.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Here is my canned response to the ever increasing Customer neglect from the big cable companies.

"Wow, I guess I was naive to think that Fisher Broadcasting and Dish Network's disagreement, and the subsequent lost of KOMO 4 from my lineup was the end of the troubles facing us as consumers. However last night as I read the banner scrolling across the bottom of something I was watching on Spike TV, and a call I made to Dish Network it only confirmed what I feared. Not that I would lose these channels, but rather that the companies out there don't care about the end users anymore. Now I suppose in all fairness, they probably have never cared about the customers that they are supposed to be serving. Oh well, at midnight tonight, if I lose the so called 18 channels from Viacom, Time Warner or whoever owns them, I will be making a call to Dish for a disconnect. They want to play hardball? Bring it bitches. I'll find something else to do. Oh yea I got Netflix streaming through XBOX now!!! It was nice knowing you Dish, and all your providers........NOT!"

They woke the bear

Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

givem hell deej!

Old 12-31-2008, 11:41 PM
1st Gear Member

woah... deej swore.

its seroious.

and no offence deej, but unless its a small-family owned busniess its never about the people. its always money, always has been always will be. its more the ignorance and assholeness kickin around.

ignoreance, the # of customers lost will greatly outweigh the amount of $ these stations prob wanted

assholeness, didnt give the ppl or their $ a second thought.. just wanted to keep the $ out of the stations pockets.

so **** em. ive been a comcast lover most of my life anyway, dish blows.

Quick Reply: Dish Drops KOMO 4 Seattle