Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

DFW area riders beware!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 08:23 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default DFW area riders beware!

Hi all, I'm posting this on here just to make everyone who rides in the DFW area to be aware of a maniac in a cage who belongs in jail.

Almost had to attend my own funeral just before I left for my father-inlaws funeral 3 weeks ago. This A$$#OL3 tried to kill me while I was on my bike on the 18th. I was riding down Fielder southound just south of Norwood and went to pass this guy on the left because he was going slow (below 35 mph and I think he was setting me up) and he swerved in my lane. I backed off and went to around him on the right and he tried to run me into the curb; good thing I have good brakes and reflexes. Anyway, so I go to pass him again on the left and he pushes me all the way over into the oncoming lanes until the cars were really close. Every time I'd brake, he'd brake to cut me off. I ended up hitting my shoulder on his LH mirror as he was trying to pinch me between the far LH oncoming side curb & his truck. At first I thought it was one of the guys from work (he looked familiar) but it wasn't and he was laughing the whole time. I really didn't want to get in front of him after that so ended up behind himas we came to the light at Park Row and got his license plate # & description of the vehicle. He turned off on Park Row heading westbound and I should have followed him but was too pissed. May have done something regrettable so I kept going straight down Fielder.

I just wanted to make you guys aware of this jerk so no-one get killed by this maniac. I called the Arlington Police and filed a report and the officer said it was Aggravated Assault with a deadly weapon. They assigned it to a detective and the first thing he asked me is what did I do to **** him off; "were you stunting, did you to a wheelie or something?" Automatically assumed it was my fault. It has been over 3 weeks and this lunatic is still out there probably doing the same to other riders. If I didn't have the experience I have, it would have ended right at the beginning and me in the hospital or morgue.

Anyway, the description of the vehicle is:

2002-2005 Silver Ford Explorer/ Expedition with a Texas A&M trailer hitch cover and sticker on the LH corner of the rear window.
Texas license Plate number: HTV 276
Driver: Clean cut White Male (College kid) approximately 6 foot with black hair and about mid 20's in age.

Beware, spread the word and ride smart.

Last edited by speedracer138; 08-14-2008 at 03:55 AM. Reason: wrong license plate info posted
Old 08-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

damm speed glad ur ok. so are the police still looking for him or what?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Gosh Dammit that just pisses me off sorry for the language but come on... God I hate stupid people

Glad you didnt get hurt speed,,, and I think you did the right thing but leaving it be and go to the cops even though they think its your fault.. but you still did the right thing bro

Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Lean on the detective to generate some results. Tell him you want to know what the respondent said when he followed up with him. If he stonewalls you tell him you need the case/report number so you can move it to county or state police. Tell him you do not appreciate this lunatic putting your life in danger, and you appreciate it even less when the police do not take your life and safety very seriously.

Oh - and remember that Texas is a carry state. Invoke your rights, get a permit, carry in the open. That should stop people from frackin with you.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Man I'd be lookin this guy up. You can find anybody as long as you have their tag number, as long as it is really their legal tag and not stlen or something.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

As he turned it over to the cops (which was the right thing to do), any action he takes now is "after the fact" will be considered potentially criminal. He really has to watch what he does with this, and really should lean on the folks who are actually in a position to do something about it.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Man that is crossing the line as far as I'm concerned. It would be really hard for me to wait on the police to rectfy this. Everybody handles things differently I suppose.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

No, they haven't found him yet or I'd be going to ID him in a line-up. When I talked to the detective, he said that he was going to contact the guy and get "His side of the story because there is always 2 sides to a story". And the DA will probably throw the case out becase it's not "Aggravated Assault with a Deadly weapon". I reported it as a hit & run but th officer told me that it was Aggravated Assault because he used the vehicle as a weapon. Maybe I should have claimed Attempted Murder! I think that detectve has a biased view of bikers just because of the stupid questions he asked about "what did you do to cause it" attitude. I hope nobody get killed or hurt because of this idiot and if they do, there will be a lawsuit against the Arlington Police department. I'm calling Internal Affairs in the morning.

Last edited by speedracer138; 08-13-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

speed, glad you're ok buddy. i've been wonderin where you've been man!!

sorry to hear about your father-in-law. that sucks. hope the familys well..

and as far as te douchebag, man.. you got my respect.. i wouldn't have turned off.. well.. i dunno.. i tend to be irrational when almost killed, but then again, he may have WANTED you to follow him.. probably to some desolate place to have ya jumped or to shoot ya or something.

i'd beat that kids skull in with the sole of my boot tho.. no doubt about it. i've confronted ppl before like that, and when i start yelling at them, i always watch their hands, and if i'm on the bike, i'm always ready to put it on the kickstand should i see them reach for something.

i like sro's idea tho. they make locking holsters for bikes...

Old 08-14-2008, 01:34 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Glad you're OK speed, you did the right thing and not follow that guy. There's a similar story over at advrider where the biker followed the person after being run off the road or something and was trying to have words with them or something stupid like that (they already had their license plate) but after they pulled in behind them the murderer, who was apparently wanted for something else and didn't want to be caught, backed over him with the car and killed him, then took off again. There's a lot of crazy people out there and you never know how someone might react in a situation like that. It's good you kept a cool head, even though I'm sure it was not easy.

Glad you are still here to share the story with us.

Quick Reply: DFW area riders beware!