Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Debate

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default Debate

As most of you know, one of my rides is in the shop. Has been for a month and a half (way too long for what was done). Installing some mods to the newer gal. Anyhow, they finally finished with the mods, then tell me that they could tune it (see either the 10r section or the general tech section for details). Anyhows, they are pushing the pc3 for tuning. For some reason I am reluctant on piggy backing an ecu. Prolly just my lack of knowledge concerning ecu and fi rides and how they are tuned electrically. Anyhow, I call today thinking about picking up the ride since I could not afford my race ecu to be programmed by them. During the phone conversation, he goes, I have some bad news. I think, what the hell now. "We scratched the top of your tail section" he said. I exploded internally on hearing this but was cool with the owner of the shop. They are good mechanics and I do trust them and they have been fair and have done good work for me in the past. (although they would charge me an arm and a leg for them to learn how to program my race ecu that is). Was told that I need to see it, but they would either repaint the tail for me or that they would give me a pc3 so that we could continue with the tuning. That the pc3 was easier to tune and is more accurate. They know that I have scheduled about 4k milesof road trips in the next month on the ride.

Here is the debate: 1) Get the pc3 and get it dyno'd on the same dyno that did my baseline.
2) Get the tail repainted and dyno the ride 9 hrs away by people who know the race ecu programming.
3) Get the dynojet wideband controller for a little more $'s and still tune it on the baseline dyno.

hahaha, the ride is ready but not ready!

Any opinions out there on my debate?

Old 09-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Debate

Wow Man that is a bummer of a debate. Have you went down to take a look at the tail? If it is not to bad cosmetically then does the cost for the tail outwiegh the cost of the tunning on the PC3. Then again if they are learning on tuning the PC3 will it really be correct. This is a tough one bro. How much was it gonna cost you to get it tunned 9 hours away?

Old 09-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I would still have to pay for the tuning. They offered to give me a pc3. No, they are closed for a few days so have not seen the tail section. They know how to tune the dynojet stuff. At the moment, was told that tuning my race ecu 9hrs away would only take 2-3hrs. That was from Advanced Kawasaki.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:50 PM
1st Gear Member

there are alot of options i dont know which one to tell ya i guess it just depends on the damage

Old 09-01-2007, 03:46 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I don't know what to say man. They wont tell you how bad the tail section is messed up. I can tell you that a pc3 is around 300$ so I would think that the damage is enough for them to think that 300ish lost on the pc3 is about fair for the tail section. Looking on ebay Tail sections are around 200ish.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I am a picky bastid and they know it. Thanks for the info asz

Old 09-01-2007, 07:09 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I'm thinking you are not going to be happy with what ever has happened to the tail.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Jeez! thanks for the cheerful thoughts! ug!

Old 09-01-2007, 07:38 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I'm bored at work. What year is your bike? 06/07? green right? I look around see if I can find any tails in my area that are cheep and in good shape.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

The ride I am talking about is the '06 10r in GREEN! lol Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Quick Reply: Debate