Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Dear Abby: Lost In The Dust

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:13 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Dear Abby: Lost In The Dust

I don't know what's going on. I'm enjoying riding my bike more than hanging with my girlfriend or working these days. Since I own a business, which is in a slump right now with the economic climate going sour, I'm becoming an habitual rider. I don't even care if my girlfriend calls me - all I want is to have fun and the hell with everything else. Is this just a phase I'm going thru or should I seek help Abby?

Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Dear Abby: Lost In The Dust

dude riding is like crack its addictive as hell. and also too much riding can be dangerous if its effecting your daily life then there might be a problem

Old 02-04-2008, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Reminds me of a quote from 'Trainspotting' of which I did alter the swear words and change the last word of.

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fricken big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fricken fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the frick you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing reality shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fricken brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got a Kawasaki?

Old 02-04-2008, 02:45 AM
1st Gear Member

+1

Old 02-04-2008, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Dear habitual rider,
There's nothing wrong with that. It might be your riding more to clear your head. Maybe your just like all of us. Or maybe your having more fun on your bike than going to work or seeing your g/f. Unless it affects yourbusiness or major problems with the woman then go as much as you want.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member

+:+:+Cheese Alert!!+:+:+

If loving my Kawi is wrong, then I don't want to be right!

Old 02-04-2008, 03:44 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'd call it a good thing. I go through phases where I become totally consumed by some thing, subject matter, or interest. It's happened a number of times throughout my life. In all cases it's been positive. Some of these have become my work - how I make my living. Others have become intense areas of study and research. But in all cases, once lit, that fire becomes a part of you and will change you forever. Even when the fuel driving you dwindles and your heart burns for something new, those past flames have already wrought their lasting effect. I'm definitely still in my dirt bike phase. Maybe you are too? Maybe your bike is as much a vehicle for your mind as it is for your body? I don't think you need Dear Abby. You need to see where it takes you.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Brian, once again I am reminded of your wisdom and the size of your financial portfolio to overcome any hurdle! Just kidding Bro!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Geez, open my soul and that's what I get. Just go ride, you think too much!