Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Damn bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Damn bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well many of you know that i got fresh paint on my bike. Well 2 days after i got the bike back, my bike Shats out on me. I was about 3 miles from my house. I got on it upshifted a few times dint get past 60 then all of a sudden, my rpms dont work and my bike sounds like doo doo. it stalls on me. i pull over to see if anyting is leaking and nope nothing. I get it started it still sounds like doo doo and it stalls on me. Well i start it up again i give it gas this time and it doesnt stall but the rpms still dont work. Luckly i manage to get it home and the bike still sounds like doo doo. Today is the first time i got to work on it. I changed out the filter and the plugs. STILL SOUNDS LIKE DOO DOO and the rpms still dont work. HELPO

Old 10-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Damn bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man that really sucks... got it all back and excited, and then it stops working... haha i thaught it was funny how you said "the rpm's dont work" kinda funny.... sorry man cant help ya.. timing? fuel filter? oil? air filter? plugs?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:48 PM
1st Gear Member

its not the air or fuel filter, its not the plugs, i dont know how to explain it but the rpms dont work. lol

Old 10-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

the bike wont rev? maybe something with the carb?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:55 PM
1st Gear Member

it revs up... but if i dont give it gas it will stall, but no matter how much throttle i give it the rpms stay at 0

Old 10-18-2006, 06:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Out of gas?

Old 10-18-2006, 06:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds kinda like an ignition problem to me, dont know much about bikes but if it was a car i would say check the distributer, coil etc. Blind leading the blind here, hope it helps.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:13 PM
1st Gear Member

full tank of gas! thats another thign that pissed me off LOL. I dont know much about bikes either and if i did i still dotn ahve the right tools to fix it. and all i would be doing is swearing a whole bunch

Old 10-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

damm that sux bro it went from bling bling to broke broke....lol J/K but really it sounds like an ignition thing i think your bike has a IC igniter <don't know how to spell today but check the voltage on those contacts of course when mine was screwing up i just slapped it real hard and it would work again. it should be located under one of your side panels it's a sqare module with like cooling fins on it. i believe the wires comming off go to like the coil and also the ignition good luck bro.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member

well i hit the things that you were talking about at least i think i hit them LOL. I might just to say to hell with it and sell it on ebay for parts. maybe ill get my money back for my paint job. Hell it is a 22 year old bike

Quick Reply: Damn bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!