Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

This is crap !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default This is crap !!!!!!

Supreme Court pick Sonia Sotomayor would use different words today if she could revisit her 2001 comment that a "wise Latina woman" would reach better conclusions than a white man, President Obama said Friday.

"I'm sure she would have restated it," Obama told NBC News. "But if you look in the entire sweep of the essay that she wrote, what's clear is that she was simply saying that her life experiences will give her information about the struggles and hardships that people are going through - that will make her a good judge."

The comment was the first acknowledgment by the President that Sotomayor's "Latina" comment - which has led former GOP House speaker Newt Gingrich and others to brand her a "racist" - has gained traction and needed to be addressed.

"Imagine a judicial nominee said 'my experience as a white man makes me better than a latina woman' Wouldn't they have to withdraw? Your damn right they would. Obama has decided to do damage control.

Remember these people and what they had to pay for simular comments:

Don Imus Fired By CBS Radio for Racist Comments, One Day After MSNBC Drops Show

Dog: The Bounty Hunter gets canceled for racial slurs

This list goes on. President Obama is giving her a pass and making excuses. This is crap. More change we can believe in.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
Supreme Court pick Sonia Sotomayor would use different words today if she could revisit her 2001 comment that a "wise Latina woman" would reach better conclusions than a white man, President Obama said Friday.

"I'm sure she would have restated it," Obama told NBC News. "But if you look in the entire sweep of the essay that she wrote, what's clear is that she was simply saying that her life experiences will give her information about the struggles and hardships that people are going through - that will make her a good judge."

The comment was the first acknowledgment by the President that Sotomayor's "Latina" comment - which has led former GOP House speaker Newt Gingrich and others to brand her a "racist" - has gained traction and needed to be addressed.

"Imagine a judicial nominee said 'my experience as a white man makes me better than a latina woman' Wouldn't they have to withdraw? Your damn right they would. Obama has decided to do damage control.

Remember these people and what they had to pay for simular comments:

Don Imus Fired By CBS Radio for Racist Comments, One Day After MSNBC Drops Show

Dog: The Bounty Hunter gets canceled for racial slurs

This list goes on. President Obama is giving her a pass and making excuses. This is crap. More change we can believe in.
More crap

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...midation-case/

President Obama had a chance here to prove himself and he has failed. The black panthers should have been charged and he should have made her withdraw.

Last edited by Vic Mackey; 05-30-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member

sure she would change them if it means her getting the job...she can change her words but not how she thinks...

Old 05-30-2009, 10:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Vic...love the pic!!! mmmmmmm...donuts!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I bet Don Imus and Dog would have changed theirs too. They had to pay for what they said.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member

The complaint says the men hurled racial slurs at both blacks and whites.

A poll watcher who provided an affidavit to prosecutors in the case noted that Bartle Bull, who worked as a civil rights lawyer in the south in the 1960's and is a former campaign manager for Robert Kennedy, said it was the most blatant form of voter intimidation he had ever seen.

In his affidavit, obtained by FOX News, Bull wrote "I watched the two uniformed men confront voters and attempt to intimidate voters. They were positioned in a location that forced every voter to pass in close proximity to them. The weapon was openly displayed and brandished in plain sight of voters."

He also said they tried to "interfere with the work of other poll observers ... whom the uniformed men apparently believed did not share their preferences politically," noting that one of the panthers turned toward the white poll observers and said "you are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker."

OMG!!!!! This is insane. How in the hell can they look @ the american people and expect us to respect them, when they kicked this case.

Like I said Crap

Old 05-30-2009, 10:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
Yeah, I bet Don Imus and Dog would have changed theirs too. They had to pay for what they said.
if they were to go after her she would say we are picking on a hispanic woman...they would either be racist or woman haters

Old 05-30-2009, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Agreed... Oh well, I guess we just all sit back and take it. Not much else you can do but vote um out.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yep. And that's the beauty of America. It ain't perfect, but we keep a fresh rotation of morons coming through every 4 to 8 years.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:17 PM
1st Gear Member

how very true!!!

Quick Reply: This is crap !!!!!!