Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

computer geeks, whats a good laptop

Old 08-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default computer geeks, whats a good laptop

whats a good lap top for massive excell spreadsheets, using word and outlook as well as innernet and e mails.

i dont even know where to begin on looking for one.

any help is much appreciated.

arethe dell laptops good ?

Old 08-07-2007, 08:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: computer geeks, whats a good laptop

my HP handles all my Microsoft Office stuff, CS2Suite and Video Editing...and it came with almost every possible media port...I am not a computer geek but I use the hell out of my HP for almost everything related to my business.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 AM
1st Gear Member

I bought a top of the line sony VAIO laptop last year. Great piece of hardware, but sony can't seem to design software worth a chit. My sony VAIO desktop has issues too which seem to be a sony problem.I guess what I'm saying is don't buy sony computers. They will make you mad. I never thought I would say it, but Apple computers just keep looking like a better option all the time to me. I think that is going to be my next computer purchase.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

with the apply tho, can you run ms programs or is it stuff thats like microsoft ? can i go from laptop to pc and back with my programs depending on where im at ?

Old 08-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

and like these dell ones, it started out at 799 and ended up like 2300 bucks by the time i was done. [:@]

Old 08-07-2007, 08:43 AM
1st Gear Member

lol

That's how dell makes their money!

Old 08-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

another q, i have a older hp 1250 or some crap, can i get its internals updated and make it work again or am i better off buying a new one ?

Old 08-07-2007, 08:45 AM
N2Q

because the technology changes so quickly in this market I would suggest that any laptop would be able to quickly and easily handle you're needs, I would suggest that unless you are using it to play huge video games online then the cheapo that you can get from bestbuy or other type big box retailer for 4 to 600 bucks will be more than adequate for any microsoft applications that you will need. I personally use the cheapest one I can find and they ride around in my peterbilt on a RAM mount bolted to the passenger seat and so far the Acer that I purchased for 499 brand new has outlasted my Toshiba, I had one acer purchased 7 years ago still works and my 4 yr old uses it, this one is two years old and works great, I purchased a Toshiba Satellite that lasted me till the warranty was up then the motherboard blew up, it was then cheaper to buy a whole new Acer product than to repair the POS Toshiba, I run my log book, my cellular network card, all my business accounting and spreadsheet, my music and PDA, Mp3, GPS locator, and mapping info and any other thing that I want other than gaming, and all from the cab of a peterbilt, bouncing down the Hwy @ 60-75 mph. Contrary to what a PC salesmen will try to tell you, the cheapest one you can find will work just fine, you don't need to spend thousands of dollars for an effective, fast, and reliable notebook computer

Old 08-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

awsome, thats great info right there. thanks and welcome to the forums

Old 08-07-2007, 08:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I know some of MS main programs like office are available for mac. Plus, since mac uses the Intel chip, you can also run windows on it if you want. I would seriously look into a mac. Even though I don't own one.... yet, everybody I've talked to that owns one absolutely loves theirs. (probably won't find that many people saying the same about their PC's.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: computer geeks, whats a good laptop