Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

chevelle news to share with my kawi friends

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: chevelle news to share with my 500 friends

Nice pictures, especially the ones of your dad, he looks like a trouble maker and I like it. Yea its a lot of work, but cherish the time you guys can spend together. It goes by so fast. Oh and a side note: No matter how cold it is outside, get that door open or we'll be reading about both of you in the news. That's an order mister.[8D] We can see the dust/smoke on camera and that's not good for the lungs. A box fan under a two foot opening is better than nothing.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

here is my father in laws chevelle.......

photoshopped black.....

Old 08-28-2007, 08:46 PM

Deej,
haha, I don't know how much of a trouble maker he really is... only now that i've got my own house and I'm growing up have we started sharing any of the 'fun' stuff we've done.

We always have the door open when we're welding. the smokey pics were from an impromptu tack session, and we had the man door and window open. I don't have any pics of it, but when we actually welded the full beads (last week) we had the overhead door fully open.

I've read plenty of horror stories on the chevelle forum about welding fumes, especially on galvanized steel. Those zinc vapors will kill ya!

Now that he's beat his cancer and he's got his strength back it's really great to get out in the garage and work on the car. It was his first car and he used to work on it with my grandfather when he was my age. It's awesome sometimes he'll talk about my grandfather or tell me a story about him or something. real quality time!

Eric,

That is a nice lookin' ride! Someday if you get your hands on it and decide to go black, lose the vinyl top, and get some white SS stripes. That'll be a slick look. Your woman have any interest in the car?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea i have a special "gear head" edition wife... lol.... she is in to cars... before he had this car he had a 1985 monte carlo ss with t tops. She is into cars as much as me. she likes it alot She actually worked with me for a year and half at pennzoil instant oil change... before we were married, she hated i was her boss......lol

Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

haha..... look there is the stairs i designed and built.....

its all original BTW..... the car.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep nothing better than doing stuff together and learning stuff. My step dad taught me the electrical trade and for that I will always be grateful. The big "C" got him in 1985, but at least I got to spend 10 years with him, he was the greatest guy I have ever known.

Oh and about that galvanized welding, I got zinc poisoning back in 86 and let me tell you it was the sickest I have ever been, also got a severe flash burn from welding. Not good times.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea those stairs almost look professional. So you guys worked together? Hmmmmmmm not too many places to hide in one of those shops.[8D]

Old 08-28-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh and if she is a gear head then she needs a bike to ride with you. What's the delay? Have her sit on one of the TW 200 bikes, they are awesome. A couple of guys came through town a few weeks ago on TW 200's all loaded down. They were doing a loop around Western Washington. Those bikes are great. She would love one. I see them on E-Bay and Craig's List once in a while. I'll keep my eyes open for one.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 PM

Eric,
Man, you are lucky she is a gear head. This girl I'm kinda seeing right now... not so much. She's expressed an interest in maybe helping me paint the 500 when the time comes and maybe other automotive painting. Maybe if we get serious I'll let her help me with the suspension to guage her interest. I still won't let her drive it when it's done lol.

Deric,

That's great you got to spend that time with your stepdad and learn so much from him.

and the zinc welding, well I hope any welding we have to do will be done before it gets dipped.

-Joe