Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

CANADA ROCKS!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default CANADA ROCKS!!!!!!

Just got back from a short trip up to Vancouver, and I have to say I like everything about Canada. It was clean, the people were great, the food was awesome, and when you eat in a restaurant they don't try to rush you, in fact it was like pulling teeth just to get our check, they are very friendly up there. And thegirls........?Man!!!!!! My wife was laughing at me because my neck was getting sore looking at all the fine women, she's the best. Soon she was pointing out the best looking girls for me, so I didn't have to look so hard. We met up with someone that lives there and we got the not so popular tour of East Hastings Street, and I gotta tell you if Disneyland had a ride that was meant to make you feel fortunate for what you have, this would be it. Hookers (not the good kind) on every corner. At one stop light a guy with a box knife walked toward the Jeep we were in and looked like he had some sort of agenda that we definitely didn't want to be a part of. We went to Stanley Park and watched the critters in the aquarium. On Thursday night the guys in the room above us got back at 3:30 am from the partying at the clubs, and proceeded to yell for 30 minutes, but we all just took it all in, I mean I thought it was funny, and at the same time I was waiting for one of them to take a header off the balcony (10 floors up) but they managed to live another day. But my overall impression was that I would definitely go back. We ended up at an improvisationalplace on Friday night, and it was hilarious. In fact in one of their skits they had to pick a place in Canada where it a little shady and they used East Hastings street, that was funny and scary at the same time. A few of the guys that play on Who's Line is it Anyway got their start there. I guess if I had to pick one thing I didn't enjoy as much, and that would have to be that we walked like 15 miles in 3 days and I now have shin splints, DUDE!!, I'm outta shape.[8D] The border crossing was uneventful, I wanted to mess with the US side, but my passengers didn't think it would be funny for me to ask the cop how fast he could get to his gun......I guess it just seemed funny in my head. We are planning a trip up to Victoria Canada this summer. Truck the bikes to Port Angeles, ride across the ferry and ride up the Island and just see where the road takes us. We'll see what happens.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: CANADA ROCKS!!!!!!

COOL!!! Eh?

Old 04-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Yes, Victoria is a good run.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:16 AM
1st Gear Member

When I first read the topic heading I was going to say this post belongs in the Joke section. However It sounded like a pretty cool trip.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, did I miss something?

Old 04-11-2007, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Vancouver would be cool, I've only been to Winnepeg, and it was only cool cause my freind's family owned a hotel/nightclub/stripclub/liquor store. Canadian strippers aren't that great [:'(]

I've had my car searched twice at the border, I guess 2 college kids coming back from Canada at 10pm on a saturday night was kinda su****ious.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member

BLAME CANADA

Old 04-12-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad you had a good time. Seems you saw the best and worst we have to offer. Due to our warm weather, plentiful drugsand social services we attract indigent people and drug users from across the country.

We spent the Easter weekend in Seattle doing all the tourist stuff ( Space Needle, Ducktour, Pike Place Market) Loved the brew pubs , Rock Bottom Brewery and the Pike Place Pub. Good food and beer, kid friendly too. Not enough coffee places though, couldn't find a Starbucks anywhere

Old 04-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

thought that 5 bucks coffee was everywhere!

Old 04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself! See, its not so bad

If you think it was fun on the west coast......you should check out the east coast!

Quick Reply: CANADA ROCKS!!!!!!