Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Bored, so I randomly typed a story that isnt finished.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 04:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Bored, so I randomly typed a story that isnt finished.

My life had flashed before my eyes as the heaping fireball was barreling at us. We knew exactly what the fireball was.

NASA had just broadcasted on every Television and radio channel a mistake they had made. In 2007 when the Mars rover was launched, an accident had occured. While the cordince of the landing site was being set, a increment was off and the rover had missed its landing site. As we listened in fear and ignorance, we didn't know what to expect. John C. Brown continued his speech, "The rover was of no threat to earth when we realized that it was off course, but what it had struck was".

"The rover was traveling at excess speeds of 19,000mph when it struck into an asteroid belt. The rover had knocked loose a few asteroids most were the size of a school bus or smaller. It had also knocked free some that were 3-4 miles in diameter." My mother shrieked in fear as the man spoke. "There were 19 asteroids of this poroportion. 2 of them we know to have struck Jupiter causing extreme destruction to the planet. The remaing seven-teen have gained twice as much speed as the two that struck Jupiter. Astrologists at NASA have figured out that ten of these asteroids are going to strike earth if not stopped." Millions of people were in shock at that point. My heart had sank to my stomach.

"We have considered that there is only two options in this situation. We have GPS guided missles that can destroy the asteroids into small enough pieces that only a few house size meteors will hit. The missles may miss and the wide spread showers may be as deadly as leaving them whole. The asteroids are not expected until the Fall of 2023. Untill then we will decide on what is the right choice."

The television went blank along with our heads. How could this happen, why is this happening? This couldn't possibly be true, I thought we were safe on Earth. I heard the faint voice of my mother calling my name "Nick, Nick, wake up you are going to be late again." It was just a dream. I knew that it could not have been true.

As I got dressed, all I could think of was my dream. I shook it off and went down stairs to eat breakfast before the first day of school. "Dad, do you remember watching the news about the Mars rover?". "Well of course, it was just two days ago son". "Well I had the weirdest dream about it last night". "Sorry kid-o but I got to get to work, tell me about it and your first day back when I get home" "Okay Dad".

I got to school and met up with a couple of my friends. "Hey Brian, whats up?" "Not me, I hate school." "Dude, it's only the first day." "Don't remind me". I heard my name called over the loudspeaker to come and get my schedule. I had chemistry first, geometry, shop, gym, lunch, spanish, english, and finally child care. I guess it wasn't too bad of a schedule, I just thought it was weird to have two different languages in a row.

Lunch came around and I was already sick of school. I sat with Brian and Nick at lunch and we talked about our schedule and how good looking the spanish teacher was. But all I could think of was my dream, so I decided to tell my friends. I told them about how the asteroids were coming in 2023 and that they would cause massive destruction of the entire planet. They were both quiet and then both said they had the same dream. All three of us had the same dream exactly, every part was an exact replica of each others.

We called each other and met up at my house after dinner. We could not believe that we all had the same dream. We didn't know to laugh or to be in fear of it being the truth. We eventually decided it to be funny and ended up talking about how pointless school was. We talked about girls, which ones looked better this year and which ones looked worst. We talked about our classes and which ones we had together and about the teachers. We all agreed that we hated the geometry teacher Ms. Thomas. We also agreed that we had the hots for the spanish teacher Senorita Lynn.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

no offence... but im not reading that.

to long, to late, to little intrest. maybe in the morning

Old 08-08-2008, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Dude, i wouldnt read it if it was 1/4 of that.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

_lol_

Old 08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

giving our resident story teller a run for his money huh. LOL

Old 08-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm too lazy to read that. Sorry Will.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Besides, I hate reading, and really isn't that why we have televisions? Oh and motorcycles.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoedogg
giving our resident story teller a run for his money huh. LOL
I guess so, but at least I'm not trying to making it sound real.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I read it.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

If you tell them it's real, everybody reads it then they go about telling you how full of crap you are. It's fun!

Quick Reply: Bored, so I randomly typed a story that isnt finished.