Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Bad Timing Agree / Disagree

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 06:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Bad Timing Agree / Disagree

Read the article below. Do you think what the officers did was justifiable? I don’t. Granted the guy had a warrant for is arrest but the officers should have waited until the funeral was over. Do you agree or disagree?

WILMINGTON, N.C. - Five sheriff's deputies will be disciplined after they used a Taser while serving an arrest warrant on a man at his father's funeral.

Gladwyn Taft Russ III was serving as a pallbearer at the service last Saturday and was loading his father's casket into a hearse when the undercover deputies approached him.

Relatives said two deputies dressed in coats and ties grabbed Russ and kneed him in his back before using a Taser on him. One deputy's gun fell out of its holster.

more of the article here...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27822770/

Old 12-04-2008, 07:28 PM
1st Gear Member

I dont agree with the actions the officer took,, IDC who done what,, your at a funeral your fathers at that,, give that man the respect then deal with it afterwards

Old 12-04-2008, 07:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I read your post right up to thie part, "...Relatives said...".

I come from stock that has had more than its fair share of run-ins with the police. I personally know that anything after "Relatives said" is highly suspect because I too have "said" stuff.

I'd be interested in hearing how this turns out though.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Well the officers were "disciplined" - that's how it is turning out

I find it interesting that a comment in the report is "we thought it was a drug deal gone bad".

Now why in the HELL would that be the first freakin thought that enters your head? OH... Maybe because your brother in law is a known drug traffiker, and you have probably been involved in it all somewhere along the way.

Now - that being said - they could have waited. Yes - there is a risk of flight, but if you have a handful of officers there worth a crap, they would be able to tail and corner him if he were to deviate from the procession. It's a good sting idea to show up at a funderal, actually - just poorly executed.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:08 PM
1st Gear Member

id of beat as many cop asses as possible, then sue them for mental trauma... thats just flat out bs... little dick bitches hiding behind their badges, thats all that was

Old 12-05-2008, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

If they didnt state they were police i wouldve thrown the casket at them. Then in court, "I was being attacked by unidentified ppl and was acting in self defense."

Old 12-05-2008, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

meanwhile your dead dad flops out and goes rolling down the pavement or grassy hillside - in front of a hundred fellow mourners, who in turn all sue YOUR *** for causing them mental trauma... and then there's all the children.

Yeah, that's a GREAT idea

Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member

srob, you talkin to me or will?

cus i wouldnt drop the casket, id of asked someone to take my spot... then proceeded opening the can of whoopass

Old 12-05-2008, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

He was talking to me, but i dont think family would sue me over MY dad. If they did, there is not much they can take

Old 12-05-2008, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

They should have waited, but I don't know how much of a scumbag the guy is. The cops used bad judgment either way, but unless they are crazy he must have done some bad chit to make them want to do that.

Quick Reply: Bad Timing Agree / Disagree