Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

anyone have kids in mx?

Old 04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

we got smoked this weekend. which now makes me see the ugly side of things. 3 new bikes showed up. each more heavily modded than the other. really guys in a class with crf50's and pw50's do you really want to do that. personally i love to see close racing and watch the kids work.
its no fun just to see who can throw the most money at a kids bike.

i know i sound like a parent upset about their kid losing. but...... lol
i was actually proud of my son. his first start was awesome and he beat the one kid that beat him the last race.
second moto he fell right at the gate, bike stalled and everybody pulled away. got it started and he got back in it and was able to catch and pass the kid again. so over all a huge improvement for him.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Good times brotha, get that boy a pizza! There will always be someone better, faster, and better equipped, cant get too upset, but they always give you a goal to surpass. Have fun out there, and dont beat up the other dads

Old 04-06-2010, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member

been beating myself up all day. in the spirit of mods i found a 15:1 high compresion kit for his bike. by all counts is a legal mod. requires race fuel and im sure will make the motor real picky about every thing else. not real sure of the result though.

if i was a slime bag i could go for a basic 88 kit. use the stock carb and only way to tell would be a tear down. both cost about the same........

Old 04-06-2010, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Ahhh the temptation, I would say go all out, but its father-son time and he is going to want to be like daddy.
Get all the legal mods you can afford and have him help put them on, and while you are doing that you can explain why they are legal and why some things arent....assuming they actually have a reason for restricting the mods. There is something to learn from every situation. Have fun brotha!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:05 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah dont wanna pour to much money into the bike hes got a ktm 65 on the way.
but hes gotta finish out this series on the 50. best i can hope for is that the other crfs miss more than 2 races and are out of the running for points.
they already missed 1 so 2 more no shows and its in the bag lol

Old 04-07-2010, 11:11 PM
1st Gear Member

lol, winning by default is still winning. Check out april's bike of the month, btw

Old 04-18-2010, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

big weekend comming up
hes in the points lead and getting faster. he has managed to beat the kids that beat him the week prior.
but the big part will be who doesnt show up. the other crfs missed the 1st and 3rd race means one more and out. and any new comers have already missed 3 races.
pushing hard for the #1 plate cause if he gets it the next serries is free!

Old 04-18-2010, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Go Go Go! Is he still gonna run the 50 for the rest of the series?

Old 04-18-2010, 12:28 PM
1st Gear Member

little turd better.
he doesnt know about the 65 yet.
i have been asking him what he would do if he gets a 65. and he said he probably wouldnt finish the 50's. so its gonna come home late at night and hide it in one of the garages.

not sure how to reveal yet. was thinking i'll carry the thing upstairs and put it on a stand while he is asleep. then when he wakes up he will crap himself lol. but thats not gonna be for a while 50's dont end till july.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

gonna let it sit for 2 months? Thats no fun man

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone have kids in mx?