Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Another Venting Post

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Default Another Venting Post

I appreciate all the efforts my friends put into putting me on bikes, and their willingness to look over what I peruse purchasing, but I have one friend in particular who keeps sending me links... to cruisers. I can't keep telling him enough that I want a sportbike, a Kawi 250 in particular, and he never listens. I constantly log onto YIM to find messages full of links to bikes that just don't interest me. I hate to sound like an ingrate, but he's such a bike snob--sending me links to the kind of bikes he likes, the kind of bikes I quite simply can't afford that I don't even want to talk to him anymore. What the hell is wrong with wanting the ideal starter bike, for wanting the bike that feels right for me? So, I want a small sportsbike, and no offense to any women here who may have cruisers, but it's just so unaesthetic to me. I've already gone around town, sitting on various bikes at stealerships, and I happen to know what I want. I don't want to get it from a stealership, and that entails a little more research and whatnot, but that's something I'm willing to wait/travel for. I've tried telling him to stop sending me links of things I'm absolutely not interested in over and over again and ARGH I'm just annoyed.[:@]

Thanks for letting me rant. <feels a little better now>

Old 01-06-2007, 08:48 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Another Venting Post

You just need to lay the smack down on your friend! Tell him straight out to quit sending you links or you'll beat the s*it out of him!.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I can't believe someone would do that to you. What about one of these? Ok you can't blame a guy for trying. Ok you can but listen you do what you want, not what someone thinks you want. Just like advice if you follow it you'll make someone else's mistakes. But here's what you should buy, you know you want to, and its what you should do. Ok I did it again, I'll go away now.

Here's one of my wife on her new dual sport bike, she loves it.

Name:  100_5374.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  143.0 KB

I guess you can always get one of these later. But I'm not trying to sway you one way or another...[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 01-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

You know you want the coolest bike ever..... you would have more fun on one of these......
Name:  muddybike013.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  76.2 KB

Old 01-06-2007, 03:30 PM
1st Gear Member

damn deej you need to clean your bike its filthy. question for ya are you a virgo deej. if you are that epxlains alot. oh yeah leena go for a 600 they look better they are much faster. go red

Old 01-06-2007, 06:18 PM

<laughs> You goons! I want a sportbike; but I actually am not factoring in speed, believe it or not. I want something light, because I'm completely inexperienced. I dumped a bike on the first course I took, partially because I feel it was just too heavy for me, so I want the lightest I can get. Whatever I get is going to be my primary mode of transport, so that's why I'm looking at the Ninja 250, as opposed to a dual bike. They do look nice though! I figure, once I have enough experience under my belt I may yearn for something more powerful, but till then...

Old 01-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

you cal lighten the hell out of a 600 with the help of carbon fiber get what you want, its your deecision and your ride. the 250 is a great choice.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

My klx only weights 270 lbs gas oil and all..... can get much lighter than that... how much does the ninja 250 weight?

Old 01-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

68lbs wet

Old 01-07-2007, 12:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't let anyone tell you to get what they want. Get what whatever makes happiest when you sit on it. You can always trade up to a bigger bike. I knew what I was going to buy when I sat on it, and my nasties tingled. Ha, ha... Dangley parts.

Quick Reply: Another Venting Post